In search of first love. - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-06-2009, 09:10 PM Thread Starter

In search of first love.

I'm new to the group and was turned onto the site by a guy in Houston, so here goes...I've been searching for an early 80's BL540 Blazer in what I would call Robins egg blue with white pick guard, tripple singles, brass/gold hardware, trem, fazer swith etc. This was my first guitar when I started playing 28 years ago and it's a must have for me when I find one. Hoping someone might now where one is, or a better way to get the word out on the site. Thanks in advance for any assistance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-07-2009, 12:39 AM

Reviews: 7
Re: In search of first love.

I don't think there was ever a BL540..Do you mean the one that in on the right of the first page of this link, its the BL450 it also comes in the same light blue as the BL470 (this is an old catalog by the way, I just want to make sure you're talking about the right guitar)?
http://www.ibanez.co.jp/anniversary/...at_id=76&now=1

Last edited by Timbaline; 06-07-2009 at 12:44 AM.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-07-2009, 07:12 PM Thread Starter

THAT'S it! The 450 rather than 540 with the same finish as the 470 shown.

Thanks a lot for at least getting me on the right path nomenclature wise.

Any idea where one looking for a new home may be?
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-07-2009, 07:36 PM

Blazers come up on **** quite a bit. A mate of mine has one with 3 singles in that trans red finish like the 170 on that page - ace guitar!
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-07-2009, 07:38 PM

You may try posting a WTB ad in the classifieds section. If you decide to do so, please read the classifieds rules to be sure that your ad is kosher.
Cheers,
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-07-2009, 08:55 PM Thread Starter

Thanks to both of you. I've looked on all the obvious places, but have yet to find the blue/white combo with the singles. I'm set on finding the exact piece.

Moebius, I'll check out the classifieds and follow your advice as well...FNG's should never offend the herd.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-08-2009, 01:14 AM

Reviews: 7

Make sure to put your location in your profile before posting in the classified section.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-01-2010, 03:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///m4murder View Post
...I've been searching for an early 80's BL540 Blazer in what I would call Robins egg blue with white pick guard, tripple singles, brass/gold hardware, trem, phase switch etc. This was my first guitar when I started playing 28 years ago and it's a must have for me when I find one. Hoping someone might now where one is, or a better way to get the word out on the site. Thanks in advance for any assistance.
Hello,

I think I have what you are looking for....

go to flickr.com and search on "1982 vintage ibanez"... (sorry this site won't let me post links for some reason!)

It's my 1982 baby, a BL450. Bought it as a wreck in London in 1988.

I would exchange it for one thing and one thing only - MY first guitar - a 1977 Ibanez black beauty les paul. Which, like an aXXXole, I traded for some crappy drums in 1981...

Let me know if you have an LP!!!

Tags
blazer , custom made

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode