searching for RG 540P 24fret body - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-25-2009, 11:43 PM Thread Starter

searching for RG 540P 24fret body

Hey peeps.. i am searching for a RG540 P 24fret body. I have the neck but now need the body. can anyone help me out with either knowing where i can have one built or dimensions for the body.. specifically with the square neck joint. I have 2 RG 540P IIs but they are 22 fret necks on em. I can tell the heel bolt patterns are different.

On another note.. since i am probably going to have to build this body? I am leaning towards a single humbucker ala "gunslinger".. any thoughts?? between dual humbuckers or a "gunslinger"??? thanks for the help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-25-2009, 11:53 PM

Re: searching for RG 540P 24fret body

Monster Guitar Shop in Maryland build mine. Their website gallery has the picture of the 1st body they built for me. They will make it out of the wood that you want.

You will probably have to do a few tweaks to get it ready to bolt everything on. Make sure you send them as much info as possible about the neck. My 540 neck doesn't have the longer overhang like the RG necks have so the pocket had to be positioned correctly.

Also, make sure you are clear with them about the hardware you are using. They cut the tremolo cavity too small for my Edge tremolo and the stud insert holes were too small. The points on the horns also needed some tweaking so they weren't so sharp.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-26-2009, 12:17 AM Thread Starter

I looked up this place on the web. I read a bunch a unsatisfied customers with this Monster Guitars. i tried looking it up but i dont a good website for this place.. throw me a link if you can. i just want to see the pics.. hey. did you have a 24 fret RG 540P made for you? you think you could get a chance to outling the neck joint and trem anchors positions.. so i can get an accurate distance between the two? maybe the outling of the body so i can build me one myself... i just dont have the measurements.. thanks Gabriel. you can hit me at [email protected]
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-26-2009, 12:53 AM

I think the best way to get a 'perfect' body, you need to send all the parts to be installed and the neck of course for them to get correct measurement.
this could be done if only you have trust on the builder.

however, it does not guarantee to be 100% perfect, depends on the skill and knowledge of the builder.
My friend had his strat neck to be cloned by a local builder who claimed him self as 'fender expert', he sent out the entire guitar to the builder, he trusted his guitar to him so he expect will get a perfect clone for the neck.
he waits for 9 month to get the job done, and guess what..?
the result is not satisfactory. all feels wrong to his hand. it's all bullcrap neck compare to the original neck.

the builder asked to return the neck, he will do whatever needed to get the neck right, but my friend already disapointed by 9 months waiting to get such a crappy work.
so he turned it down.

so, you'd better sure who is your builder first.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-26-2009, 09:44 AM

I just checked on Google and it looks like they Monster Guitar Shope either doesn't exist anymore, or doesn't have their website anymore.

They made a body to fit my 24 fret 540 pII neck. I assume yours is the one that was on the bay last week (pII neck with custom body)?

I won't be able to get to pulling the neck off the guitar for a tracing of the pocket and trem posts for a little while as I'm in the middle of renovating my kitchen. Also, I don't know if the body shape is totally true to the originals, it's pretty close though.

If you want to see pictures of my guitar, just check here:

http://www.jemsite.com/forums/showth...ghlight=540pii

Tags
rg 540 p

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode