Seeking new Prestige allen wrench holder - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-09-2010, 10:47 PM Thread Starter

Seeking new Prestige allen wrench holder

Man is this a task. I noticed that newer prestige models have that two-allen key holder on the back of the headstock. My 2006 model does not have one. I really like these things as they make things more convenient....despite what some others might say about them ; )

Unfortunately, I just cannot find a part number for this particular holder. I've found others...the Charvel/Jackson ones are easy to find...and there is another version on the Ibz parts site..but it is not this one.
I apologize...I'd post a pic or a link, but I don't think I have permission to yet. But those of you in the know..which is probably just about everyone here, knows which one I'm talking about.

Does anyone have a part number...or a store/dealer that you know of that sells them?
I just can't find them after a LOT of searching.
Thanks for your help...I really appreciate it.

BTW...great site...I should've registered much sooner!

Todd
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-10-2010, 09:00 PM

Re: Seeking new Prestige allen wrench holder

The only person I would know who would have one of these would be Rich @ Ibanez Rules....and he pretty much is not a fan of them....so it would be tough to find them.

That coupled with the fact that they now include the multi-tool with their guitars would have me thinking that the chances of getting one would be slim to none. I like them as well as I have 3 J-Customs with them.

I used a cheaper 2 screw model for the back of my RG1527 headstock and it works fine as well.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-10-2010, 10:48 PM Thread Starter

Re: Seeking new Prestige allen wrench holder

Thanks man...yeah...I tried Rich...he doesn't have them. Did give the number to Ibanez parts direct....so I'll give them a try.
I can get the ones you see on the back of Jackson/Charvels..those are easy to find, and I've had them on lots of my guitars..but I'm a little weary of putting a screw that big into the back of the IBZ headstock. The ones I see on the Prestige/J-Customs have much smaller screws (same size as the machine head screws). The Jackson ones are much bigger..and I really don't want to mess up that beautiful IBZ headstock.

Maybe I'll get lucky with IBZ parts..or maybe somebody here has one. I suppose I could give **** a shot too

Tags
allen wrench holder

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

People searched for this, also searched for these:

html tab symbol
swap html js
tab symbol html
E-CY-165CTM.html

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode