Serial Number - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

2Likes
  • 1 Post By ParkerCOGuitar
  • 1 Post By ParkerCOGuitar

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-04-2021, 07:56 PM Thread Starter

Serial Number

Hello - first post, and first time I bought an Ibanez! Picked up a used JIVA10, condition is excellent not a scratch. Plays extremely well and I am very happy...but I'd like to find out what year it was built (i realize they are relatively new). Is there a good serial number lookup, I could not find a good webpage for SN#s? The parts have changed between years so want to review the correct parts information.

Thanks!
Colorado
FireEagle likes this.

Last edited by ParkerCOGuitar; 01-04-2021 at 08:02 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-05-2021, 02:08 PM

Re: Serial Number

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkerCOGuitar View Post
Hello - first post, and first time I bought an Ibanez! Picked up a used JIVA10, condition is excellent not a scratch. Plays extremely well and I am very happy...but I'd like to find out what year it was built (i realize they are relatively new). Is there a good serial number lookup, I could not find a good webpage for SN#s? The parts have changed between years so want to review the correct parts information.

Thanks!
Colorado

There is some info here: https://ibanez.fandom.com/wiki/JIVA10 and https://ibanez.fandom.com/wiki/Ibanez_serial_numbers

Since it was made in Indonesia, the sn# should start with an I... The next two digits should be the year, for example I19xxxxxxx would be made in 2019. Cool guitars... I like the S body, EZII trem, sweet finish, and fret markers.

I know a dude in Parker, CO... Garrett?
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-05-2021, 10:18 PM Thread Starter

Re: Serial Number

Fire Eagle - thanks for that info. I didn't even realize there was an "I" in bold before the #s, it was off to the side a bit. But, problem solved, it's a 2018 which has some different parts than the other year models. I'll check it out.

Now headed to the tech side of forum as the middle pickup seems too high (pick has tendency to hit it) so looking for data on that pickup. She's a sweet guitar, the neck is super, and i just really like the S body style.

Ha, don't know a Garrett, but that is cool you know someone here...small town, I've only been here 8 years. It's a great place to live for sure!

Cheers,
FireEagle likes this.

Tags
jiva , serial number

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode