share some "family" pics - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 74 (permalink) Old 10-30-2004, 12:22 PM Thread Starter

share some "family" pics

here's a few albums of some of my guitars and rig pics - as most will agree, it is an ever-changing line-up. it is getting to the point where i doubt i can turn loose of the guitars or gear that i currently have as i've weeded out a lot of the stuff i don't use. i'll update pics as new "family" members join the fold so you are welcome to visit whenever you please. comments or discussion is welcome.
BTW - i know i don't own any DNA or anniversary models (yet), or even a 7VWH (yet ), but i love my "family" and give them the care and appreciation as if they were J-customs or anniversary models. enjoy!
http://www.ofoto.com/PhotoView.jsp?U...id=73404512506

http://www.ofoto.com/PhotoView.jsp?U...id=54791150506
you can scroll around in the album - if you wish
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 74 (permalink) Old 10-30-2004, 02:38 PM

[/img]
post #3 of 74 (permalink) Old 11-29-2004, 02:03 AM Thread Starter

nice "family shot"!
i'm a sucker for the JPM! i'd like to see the guitars in better lighting as you have some real "lookers" in the group - thanks for sharing!
Todd

Music is something bigger and greater than myself and I'm just glad to be a part of it. -TJ

A wise man once told me, "never discuss politics or religion in a disco enviroment" -Frank Zappa
post #4 of 74 (permalink) Old 11-29-2004, 03:50 AM

Regards

André

post #5 of 74 (permalink) Old 11-29-2004, 06:46 AM

Mines a small family (sorry about the picture quality!)

post #6 of 74 (permalink) Old 11-29-2004, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by power freak

Trans trem MMMMMMM.....

Regards

André

post #7 of 74 (permalink) Old 11-29-2004, 08:15 AM Thread Starter

i like to call my guitars a "family" or even sometimes my "arsenal" or "weapons of choice" as i can't afford to "collect" guitars that i can't play. i never did care for calling my guitars "a collection" as i have to be able to play them - eventually i might be in a position to throw money towards a few collectable models (DNA, 10th, GMC, ect.) (Rich, you lucky bastard! i'm very envious!), but for now i have to be able to use them to quantify having them.
i need to get a "full" family pic as it seems to be a changing and i have yet to get all 21 of them in the same room - there's always one or two on loan or at the repair shop.
something strange hit me yesterday as i was reading the "caring for your Gibson" booklet that came with my Explorer. it said, "take good care of your guitar as it will most likely outlive you!".
man, that is a thought that never crossed my mind...hmmm
post #8 of 74 (permalink) Old 11-29-2004, 08:16 AM

My little family of two, gotta get more jems though

Meet Woody and Eve

post #9 of 74 (permalink) Old 11-29-2004, 08:19 AM Thread Starter

sweet! i'm falling for the 7VWH pretty hard! they look sooo classy!
the Strat copy looks like a dressed up Bad Horsie! all you need is a pyramid inlay to help set it off. very nice, thanks!

Music is something bigger and greater than myself and I'm just glad to be a part of it. -TJ

A wise man once told me, "never discuss politics or religion in a disco enviroment" -Frank Zappa
post #10 of 74 (permalink) Old 11-29-2004, 08:52 AM

Reviews: 3
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jemdnaman/my_photos

Just go to the guitar related galleries. I haven't taken a group shot in a long time, might have to one of these days (translation, I'll probably forget about it for the next several months).
post #11 of 74 (permalink) Old 11-29-2004, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fettouhi
Quote:
Originally Posted by power freak

Trans trem MMMMMMM.....

Regards

André
Its actually an S, but great none the less! Its still my "baby" "love" whatever you call your best guitar.

post #12 of 74 (permalink) Old 11-30-2004, 07:37 AM Thread Starter

jay - you have two DNAs?
they both have super nice swirls!
nice Cirrus bass - i have been very impressed with one i ordered for a customer that i got to try out when it arrived - very sweet!
do you work at a local shop or do you just keep some guitars their on consignment?
i keep a few (like 10 or so) guitars at the store i work at with fat price tags on them as i don't really want to sell them but if someone offered what i'm asking, i'd probably sell (example Wolfgang Arch Top USA $1299).
the guitars i keep at the store help draw a little excitment as most are guitars that most average players only read about or have never actually seen like my 777VBK - players condition ($1000 store tag).
i keep them behind a counter with "ask for assistance" signs on them to keep them out of the wrong hands. i like to show them off for people to enjoy seeing or playing and hear peoples reactions to some of them, "WOW!! look at the vine on this one!".

post #13 of 74 (permalink) Old 11-30-2004, 08:31 AM

Reviews: 3
Nope, just one DNA...

The "new" DNA pic is just because I changed out the hardware (some of it) and electronics. That's all.

I used to work at a store, but I didn't sell much through them. Usually ebay. I just sold off everything I didn't want anymore (and a few things I did want but I was too stupid to know it) and keep what is left cluttering my bedroom. No plans to get rid of anything else.

EDIT - I think I finally understand what you meant about the consignment thing (so tired this morning).

The two guitars that have pics in a store (the G&L and the Taylor) were ones I bought from friends over the interweb. The G&L was part of a trade with Shane Sawyer (Jemfest superstar) and came from a store he worked at years ago (maybe still does?). The Taylor is from a shop down in the San Antonio area (Alamo Guitars) that Jeffrey found for me.

Didn't want to buy the things without seeing them, so that's how those pics came about. Just never bothered to take many more pics after I received them.
post #14 of 74 (permalink) Old 11-30-2004, 02:37 PM

Missing are my Natural Strat and Fender Electric Acoustic
But who cares about those anyway
Actually, the Strat's been getting a little bit more playtime lately, but just as a beater.

~K
post #15 of 74 (permalink) Old 11-30-2004, 08:47 PM Thread Starter

i like the swirl in that DNA Jay. very cool. thanks for the info i love the koa on the Taylor - i dream about the koa topped RG/J-Custom? that was recently sold in the classifieds - ooooooooh, KOA!

nice group Kenny! that is a WILD look on the UV! different - but cool. what model is that one with the vine? those are some of the ones we rarely get in the states, right? i saw one at Georges Music at Downtown Disney in Orlando along with a few others i have never seen before or since - very classy!

Tags
alexi laiho , black pickups , bridge pickup , bridge position , chuck schuldiner , dimarzio blaze , ebmm jpm , ibanez guitars , pickup selector switch , pyramid inlay , string pickup , string pickups

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode