Shocking Pink or Desert Yellow? (I'm torn!) - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 06:02 PM Thread Starter

Shocking Pink or Desert Yellow? (I'm torn!)

Here's the situation guys. I've got a Desert Yellow RG550 that I'm going to mod up to look like a JEM777dy or a JEM777sk. I've even got a guy who will spray it if I want the shocking pink.

Only problem is...I can't decide. Price isn't really a big deal. (it'll only be $200 or so extra for the pink.)

What do you all think? What's better? I'm REALLY tempted to go with shocking pink because no stock RG550 comes in that color. On the other hand I'm not sure if I want to be THAT flashy. Desert yellow with pink pickups is slightly less ridiculous than pink with pink pickups.

What would you do and why?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 06:11 PM

Reviews: 1
Re: Shocking Pink or Desert Yellow? (I'm torn!)

Do it in DY, then get another beater and do that one in SK. You'll be very happy.

~j
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 06:29 PM

I'd go for the Shocking Pink, personally.
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 06:31 PM Thread Starter

Not sure if I have the cash for that though. I'm buying a Les Paul classic in April.

I'm really leaning on the shocking pink, but I just feel like I might regret it cause it's so "shocking" haha

Those of you who have SK color JEM's, do you ever feel like it's just too over the top?
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 08:37 PM

Reviews: 1

Eh, I'd compromise and use both colors in the finish with some basic graphic design.

When I wanted to get one of my PGM301 customized, I could decide which 80s neon color to get so I used all the colors I wanted - orange, green and yellow.

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbandy10 View Post
. . .
Those of you who have SK color JEM's, do you ever feel like it's just too over the top?
I doubt that any SK owners feel this way. The color is a major reason to buy it or reject it, and they wouldn't have one if they thought it was "too over the top." Or, alternatively, they own a guitar in shocking pink precisely BECAUSE it's too over the top.

I own a Road Flare Red RG550, and that's the way I think. If you think you might regret it, stick with the DY.

Peace

Mike
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 09:21 PM

Reviews: 25

Its all about the music you will be playing live. If your going to rock it out, then dont worry about the color you use, cause as soon as you crank it up, peple wont care about the color, more about the sound that comes out of it....
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 09:23 PM

DY you wont regret
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 09:23 PM Thread Starter

I think I will buy the Desert Yellow, deck it out. And if I don't like it, I can always get it refinished.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode