A shot of some of the collection - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-08-2010, 08:43 AM Thread Starter

A shot of some of the collection

Thought you'd like to see a bit of my collection. This is the Randall/Washburn (US Music Corp) collection (plus a Carvin Legacy Cabinet).

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-08-2010, 09:16 AM

Re: A shot of some of the collection

That amp is UBERCOOL!!

How does it sound?

Rock on!
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-08-2010, 11:00 AM Thread Starter

Sounds good. Very funky and spanky clean channel. Little bit of break up on it even at very low gain settings but my pickups are also a little bit on the hotter side. The distortion in nice. A little muddy in the bottom end. Similar to a Marshall tone. Not a recto by any means. I keep the gain at around 5-6 and that's plenty for me and gets the Nuno level of gain. The third channel is kind of a wash. It's supposed to be just a RAT pedal thrown in front of the circuit but it's really just a boost. Doesn't really add much gain and doesn't really give you that singing sustain you get from running a pedal in front of the amp. The midi channel switching is nice.
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-08-2010, 12:23 PM

the white Nuno,is that a custom build or a prototype?
I know there's a limited run of white N4's but ive never seen one with a non reversed headstock. That one is realy a beauty you got there.

I also noticed that your N's don't have the usual Bill lawrence bridge pups.
Did you chance them?
What pups are in now?
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-08-2010, 03:37 PM Thread Starter

The white one is a custom through Funky Munky. It's an ash body, transparent gloss white stain finish, purple heart fretboard, gold hardware, Dean "Michael Schenker" pickups. The other one is stock with the exception of the Bill Lawrence beings swapped for a Seymour Duncan "Blues Saraceno" Trembucker. I hate the Bill Lawrence USA pups. The original Bill Lawrance pups are great. I've got some old ones that I plan on putting in one of my builds. I'll probably order a Bill and Becky for the white one at some point. The Dean pups are just hotter than I prefer.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-09-2010, 10:38 AM

Thats great men,thanks for the info.
Im totaly lost with bill lawrence to be honest,there's so many "fake" stuff around that i cant see what's real anymore!

That purpleheart fretboard shure got the looks.
Is there a big difference in sound between the two?
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-10-2010, 01:01 AM

Nuno fan huh? Me too :-) Still need an N4 bad. Yours are beautiful and I bet that Randall is tits. Definately get a Bill and Becky in that white one. They are 100 times better than that fake ass BLUSA garbage.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-11-2010, 07:27 PM Thread Starter

It's not that there are fake bill lawrence pickups. It was a big legal thing. Long story that I can't even explain all the details. You can buy directly from Bill and Becky. They are still not exact reproductions of those that were made back when Nuno put one in his guitar. Used Bill era Bill Lawrence pickups go for $70-$100 at this point. I'll probably order a bill and becky at some point.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-12-2010, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfergel View Post
It's not that there are fake bill lawrence pickups. It was a big legal thing. Long story that I can't even explain all the details. You can buy directly from Bill and Becky. They are still not exact reproductions of those that were made back when Nuno put one in his guitar. Used Bill era Bill Lawrence pickups go for $70-$100 at this point. I'll probably order a bill and becky at some point.
I know the entire story and I do consider the BL USA stuff to be fakes. Bill and Becky still make the 500XL exactly to the spec that Bill used to make them. Bill and Becky still make fantastic pickups at great prices. I bought a set for my Tele about a year ago and I'm thrilled with them. Bill is truly a master at making pickups.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-18-2010, 03:22 PM

nice!
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-28-2010, 08:14 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverdragon View Post
I know the entire story and I do consider the BL USA stuff to be fakes. Bill and Becky still make the 500XL exactly to the spec that Bill used to make them. Bill and Becky still make fantastic pickups at great prices. I bought a set for my Tele about a year ago and I'm thrilled with them. Bill is truly a master at making pickups.
I think he makes them to specs but I seem to recall reading that there is a slight difference in materials. I think he had to change the magnet slightly or something. I do have some old ones, but they are cream. I'll put them in something else.

The guitars sound a lot different, mostly because the Dean pickup is so high output, I also put a big block on the trem and run different size strings. Both use Nuno guage strings but the white one is tuned to E and the natural to Eb. Run 9's on the white, 10's on the natural.

Tags
carvin , nbking , nuno , randall , washburn

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode