Should I? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-29-2006, 01:02 AM Thread Starter

Should I?

Okay, I recently have bought an Ibanez S2170fb, and have been really pleased with it mostly. But I have been having second thoughts about it though. I've tried to surpress them, until today. I played my friend's S470 and it's gorgeous. He has the dark blue one, and I must say, I'd rather have that, and thats a lesser model. And when I played my RG370, the body was alot more comfortable. But now I'm thinking. I payed $1300 for the S2170. And a Prestige RG thats made in Japan, rather than Korea is around 900$. Should I return my S and get a prestige RG like and RG2550 or an RG1570? I'm leaning towards the 1570. Anybody got some nice pics of the 2550?

And why does the Korean made S cost so much more than the Japan Made RG?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-29-2006, 01:07 AM

Re: Should I?

I'd return it and wait until the new Ibanezes are released. There are some gorgeous S models coming.

Edit: 550th post
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-29-2006, 01:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Lemons View Post
Okay, I recently have bought an Ibanez S2170fb, and have been really pleased with it mostly. But I have been having second thoughts about it though. I've tried to surpress them, until today. I played my friend's S470 and it's gorgeous. He has the dark blue one, and I must say, I'd rather have that, and thats a lesser model. And when I played my RG370, the body was alot more comfortable. But now I'm thinking. I payed $1300 for the S2170. And a Prestige RG thats made in Japan, rather than Korea is around 900$. Should I return my S and get a prestige RG like and RG2550 or an RG1570? I'm leaning towards the 1570. Anybody got some nice pics of the 2550?

Man...right here

http://www.jemsite.com/forums/showthread.php?p=572652

I told ya this would happen

I've posted on other threads too about how it's ridiculous ALL Korean Prestiges cost more than RG Prestiges, even though they cost less to make because they're built in Korea!

If I were you...return that sucker for full credit if you still can...then wait until the new RG's arrive...with the price of your S you could get a full trade and then some cash for that RGT Prestige in that beautiful hot pink (check the some new pics thread if you haven't seen it yet).

Or get a RG 2570e in vital silver NOW if you want. I've played the 2570e and trust me the finish looks AWESOME in person. As do the inlays. If you get a full money return you get a 2570e, hardcase, and a good $400 or so dollars back in your pocket. With that you could easily upgrade the pups to dimarzio's if you don't like the stock dimarzio/ibz ones.
post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-29-2006, 01:37 AM Thread Starter

Heh, I should have listened. Oh well, you learn from experience. To tell you the truth, I'm not really interested in the new RG's. Theyre arent too appealing, from what I've seen. And I dont like the S body style too much. The RG fits my body better. Right now its either a 1570, a 1527 or a 2550. I'm going to Sam Ash Saturday. Heh, thanks exatcly my point as well. I'm going to Get some Evo's, and that leaves me with some Christmas money for a Digitech GNX4. Super Savings.
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-29-2006, 01:51 AM

Quote:
Heh, I should have listened. Oh well, you learn from experience. To tell you the truth, I'm not really interested in the new RG's. Theyre arent too appealing, from what I've seen. And I dont like the S body style too much. The RG fits my body better. Right now its either a 1570, a 1527 or a 2550. I'm going to Sam Ash Saturday. Heh, thanks exatcly my point as well. I'm going to Get some Evo's, and that leaves me with some Christmas money for a Digitech GNX4. Super Savings.
Honestly if you can afford the extra money (and if you're trading back an S Prestige you can), I prefer the RG 2620 and the 2570e to the 1570 and 2550.

But between those three models I'd take the 1527, because having your first 7 string is always an awesome experience, and deck it in a dimarzio blaze custom in the bridge and a blaze in the neck.

If you decided to go purely 6 string, I'd take the 1570 because personally I like the mirage paint job (either red or blue) to the 2550 in galaxy black. That and I'd rather not have the pickguard with that kind of paintjob.

Being basswood bodies I'd put some breeds in those, but I'm contradicting myself as I ordered a pink f-spaced evo for my own basswood RG!

But playing wise both of them should be extremely similar.
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-29-2006, 01:56 AM Thread Starter

Yeah, I'm not sure if I should go 7 string. It does seem very interesting, but I want to play around first.

The paint on the 1527 is the same as the blue on the 1570 correct>?
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-29-2006, 02:04 AM

Not exactly...if you look at the stock photos it does because it starts off at near the same blue kind of color...but it's not a mirage paintjob so it won't change how the paintjob looks in different lighting or angles.

The texturing is also different, but I think once again that's due to the mirage style paintjob.

Learn parts of a song or two that are made for a 7 string so you can get a better feel of what can be done on a 7 string when you start playing it at the store though.
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-29-2006, 02:07 AM

Ibanez ruined the S when they stopped making atleast ONE model with the neck intended for that guitar originally. The wizard.
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-29-2006, 02:20 AM Thread Starter

Hmm. Thats a huge turn off. I love the Mirage paint. Meh. I'll wait and see on saturday. Hell, I hope they even have any of these in stock. Godd Night, and thanks
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-29-2006, 10:49 AM

I only paid $1000 for my s2170.

Yeah, like kevin said, the old S guitars feel ALOT differant.

They should do a S540 reissue, That would be cool.
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-29-2006, 10:50 AM

Reviews: 1

man get a 2550 and rock out... but take a look at the 2570 it has a nice finish and you wont regret it...
JJ
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-29-2006, 02:18 PM Thread Starter

Well, I'm going in an hour. I'll check those out.
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-29-2006, 04:09 PM

Quote:

If you feel that the RG body type is more comfortable for you then return your S2170 and get used RG550 and some nice gear.

Regards

André

post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-29-2006, 07:11 PM Thread Starter

Heh, I just bought an RG1570mb for only 600! So I bought a Digitech GNX4 with the left over cash. I havent tried it out yet. More info later.
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-29-2006, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S-man View Post
I only paid $1000 for my s2170.

Yeah, like kevin said, the old S guitars feel ALOT differant.

They should do a S540 reissue, That would be cool.
Then I can sell my original for $2000 and say it's way better than the reissues.

Tags
basswood bodies , dimarzio blaze , dimarzio blaze custom , neck bow , sam ash , truss rod

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode