Should I trade my new Ibanez premium? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-24-2011, 08:22 PM Thread Starter

Post Should I trade my new Ibanez premium?

Hi, so I have an opportunity to swap my new Ibanez Rg870qmz premium in black ice for a mint condition Kramer Baretta 85 reissue.
I did play the Baretta for it was only for about 10-15 minutes so didn't get a good play of it (obv i'll be playing it again before/if i trade)
It did play and sound excellent but couldn't tell whether it was the old 'grass is greener' or not.

Now, my premium also plays extremely well and it's a excellent guitar but I already own multiple Ibby's so thought this might be a good opportunity for a change?

The real question is, am I short changing myself so-to-speak? I couldn't find much info on the Baretta reissues and don't want to end up swapping then finding out my premium was 'worth' (i hate that word) more and i just robbed myself from resale value in the future.

Sorry that was a bit long-winded but any help in deciding or any info on the Baretta would be awesome and really appreciated.

Thanks

(I'm new to the forum so be nice please)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-24-2011, 09:18 PM

Reviews: 21
Re: Should I trade my new Ibanez premium?

Ibanez Premium > Kramer Baretta.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-24-2011, 09:23 PM

Reviews: 11

I wouldnt do it unless you had a thing for that baretta. I know within a few minutes of playing if Im in love with a guitar or not. Just sayin.
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-24-2011, 09:31 PM Thread Starter

It was without a doubt a great guitar, the thing thats appealing to me more than anything is the whole 80's vibe with the single slanted humbucker.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-25-2011, 10:14 PM

not a fan of the indonesian ibanez, but I still wouldn't get rid of it for a barretta
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-25-2011, 10:45 PM
Banned

Reviews: 98

Those reissued Barettas are not nearly as good as the classic Kramers. In fact, those reissues aren't even in the same ballpark. You'd be better off building a replica Baretta, or a mutt from real Kramer parts.

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-26-2011, 01:26 AM

If you already have multiple Ibanez than get the Kramer if you like the guitar . The Kramer is USA made, has a real floyd and is value wise probably 1-$200 above your Ibanez.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-27-2011, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragsternj View Post
If you already have multiple Ibanez than get the Kramer if you like the guitar . The Kramer is USA made, has a real floyd and is value wise probably 1-$200 above your Ibanez.
+1 to this guy.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-27-2011, 06:07 PM Thread Starter

I decided against it, side to side the ibanez neck felt alot better to me. Though i'll probably save up for one :P
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-28-2011, 05:22 AM
Banned

Reviews: 98

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragsternj View Post
Oh yeah--I was thinking of the Music-Yo 1984 reissue. Even though the "85 reissue was made by Epiphone, it still looks like they really did their homework on it. I see that VintageKramer was key in the research and design of it.

Tags
ibanez premium , kramer , swap

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode