Signature guitar - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-05-2012, 09:27 AM Thread Starter

Signature guitar

The signature guitars like The Jem,Egen that are available to us-are them the exact thing that the signature artist play during live and studio?i know they are the same guitar but do the guitar companies make them specially for those sig musicians except from the ones that are commercially available?hope u understood what i said.thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-05-2012, 09:53 AM
Banned

Reviews: 64
Re: Signature guitar

Signature guitars belong to fanboys bedrooms cause those musicians never play their own signatures.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-05-2012, 11:10 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6fingers View Post
Signature guitars belong to fanboys bedrooms cause those musicians never play their own signatures.
thanks for crapping each and every thread of me
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-05-2012, 11:13 AM
Banned

Reviews: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoldstel View Post
thanks for crapping each and every thread of me
With each and every you mean 2, right?
Those 2 are crap already, they don't need crap to be crap
You're the problem but you can't even notice it

Last edited by 6fingers; 07-05-2012 at 11:23 AM.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-05-2012, 11:17 AM
Banned

Reviews: 98

There are variations. For example--Vai has a Fernandes Systainer in at least one 7VWH, but his tech installed it.
There are others, too. The new Premium Jem. Steve's has a sustainer in it...plus some pixie dust.

post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-05-2012, 11:37 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6fingers View Post
With each and every you mean 2, right?
Those 2 are crap already, they don't need crap to be crap
You're the problem but you can't even notice it

whats your problem,you are not "funny" either eventhough you try to be....
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-05-2012, 12:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
whats your problem,you are not "funny" either eventhough you try to be....
No--he's funny!
I think a few of us even wrote some reviews about his singular sense of humor....

post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-05-2012, 12:35 PM Thread Starter

Hm i thought we ll get the same guitar as those sig musicians
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-05-2012, 12:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Hm i thought we ll get the same guitar as those sig musicians
They're the same guitars! Some musicians just have certain ones modified a bit for different situations. If you buy a Jem 7VWH--you're getting the same model Vai plays. If you buy a JS--you're getting the same model Satch plays. That's the whole point of a signature guitar.

post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-05-2012, 01:30 PM

BTW - For anyone who thinks the idea of owning a sig guitar can be a bit of a poser move.......Playing your own to someone elses music, learning your favorite bands songs etc.......same thing.

Im for owning sigs. I love playing my favorite bands songs and learning them....most of us wanted to start playing due to that.

Now playing a sig live to your own music to me may be a no, but sigs are built and sold to us for the same reason why tab books are made. There are some of us that just look at it as fun and nothing more. Some people just think too much.....
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-05-2012, 08:30 PM

Sig is one thing. We would all be in the wrong forum if we hated sig guitars. Buying them because they have something better than the others is fine. Buying them because you think it makes you cooler or better in any way is unacceptable and marks the time to rip that poster from your bedroom ceiling. Paying for a guitar that's beat up "just like the original" =FAIL. And let's not forget Dean's shameless use of Dime's death to sell crappy guitars.
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-05-2012, 08:37 PM

Oh yeah....the OP question. Sorry. All the ones I've seen in person are the same guitar. One I really wish would have happened, despite the band, was an all rosewood PRS made for the dude from Saving Abel. He was showing me this amazingly beautiful guitar and griping about wanting a Gibson endorsement. What?!
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-05-2012, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RG Loyalist View Post
Sig is one thing. We would all be in the wrong forum if we hated sig guitars. Buying them because they have something better than the others is fine. Buying them because you think it makes you cooler or better in any way is unacceptable and marks the time to rip that poster from your bedroom ceiling. Paying for a guitar that's beat up "just like the original" =FAIL. And let's not forget Dean's shameless use of Dime's death to sell crappy guitars.
They are selling crappy guitars from endorsers that are still living. Went through 3 Dean Zeros only to find out they all suck.....

I actually like the idea of a sig all beat up like the new Evo or the KH2 relic....Im not a fan of the price but to me its all in fun. I never play a sig or any guitar (or song) to act like I wrote it or its mine....I do it cause its fun. To each thier own I guess.......
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-05-2012, 09:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by py36 View Post
They are selling crappy guitars from endorsers that are still living. Went through 3 Dean Zeros only to find out they all suck.....

I actually like the idea of a sig all beat up like the new Evo or the KH2 relic....Im not a fan of the price but to me its all in fun. I never play a sig or any guitar (or song) to act like I wrote it or its mine....I do it cause its fun. To each thier own I guess.......
I only break out my Jems to play Juice--then put them back in their cases..lol.

post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-05-2012, 09:54 PM

Reviews: 4
Talking Re: Signature guitar

Way to crap the thread 6Fingers!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode