Signature Model Idea - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-26-2004, 06:15 PM Thread Starter

Signature Model Idea

I just wanted to ask for some opinions on this subject. Personally, i think that ibanez is going in the wrong direction with making signature models. First of all, they give Mike Mushok, Daron Malakian, and Korn signature models. I can see how this may appeal to the overall promotion section but i believe there are better players that deserve signature models. I can name three right off the bat: 1. Rob Balducci 2.Andy Martin 3.Dave Weiner. I also believe that the signature models should be closer to the artist's specs. I.E. If Joe and Vai have an edge equipped guitar, there signature model should too. I am not asking for total reintroduction of the new trems, i just think they could manufacture a guitar that is more exact to the artist's model. I am also still debating if i think there should be signature models that the artist have never played (JS100, Jem555, PGM30, JemDBK). What do you guys think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-26-2004, 06:22 PM
Vendor

Signature models have much less to do with skill than they do with fame, fans, and exposure. Many artists get endorced but to get a signature model you need a large following the company thinks will buy their guitars.

They changed the VWH board to rosewood which is like SV plays, and the backlash was very negative.....
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-26-2004, 08:41 PM

I personally Believe Allthough the guitars should be close to the real thing, I think they should have the benefit of evolving hardware and componants. Unfortinally not everyone favours old trem systems and a lot of people like the ride the evolutionary wave of new coponants and hardware that comes out of guitar companys every few years.

Frankly if those things keep the money going in and the manufacturers making great guitars who cares.

if anything there are already enough repetitively anal guitar players in the world.
post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-27-2004, 05:34 AM

I'd rather see more signature models from people who don't just play RGs and variants. The Mushok is a very nice instrument, and to me it's vastly more interesting than would be a copy of Rob's RG - irrespective of who is the better player, or who I'd rather listen to (Rob, if anyone cares ).
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-27-2004, 07:14 AM

Re: Signature Model Idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kontalonis
I can name three right off the bat: 1. Rob Balducci 2.Andy Martin 3.Dave Weiner.
Now name three people that aren't usually Ibanez guitar players and don't read this message board who have heard of them.

Quote:
I am also still debating if i think there should be signature models that the artist have never played (JS100, Jem555, PGM30, JemDBK). What do you guys think?
They have played them.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-27-2004, 08:33 AM

Re: Signature Model Idea

Quote:
I just wanted to ask for some opinions on this subject. Personally, i think that ibanez is going in the wrong direction with making signature models. First of all, they give Mike Mushok, Daron Malakian, and Korn signature models. I can see how this may appeal to the overall promotion section but i believe there are better players that deserve signature models. I can name three right off the bat: 1. Rob Balducci 2.Andy Martin 3.Dave Weiner.
If Andy, Dave, or Rob, sold as many albums as Korn, then maybe they would get one. It has more to do with marketing, than who "deserves" one.

What are the kids most likely to buy, a guitar from some guy they never heard of, or the guy from Staind?[/quote]
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-27-2004, 11:24 AM

if the choice was on from the guy from stain'd and some guy I'd never heard of I know Who I'd choose.....

Some other guy lol
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-27-2004, 11:55 AM

Well, me too... But, that's not the point!

Seriously though, I don't care who's name it is, if it's a cool guitar, and I like how it plays.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-27-2004, 06:16 PM Thread Starter

Yeah i guess what i should really be flaming is the mainstream of music. I hate it so much how bands like Good Charlotte, The Used, and all the other poser bands get famous by playing bar chord and cheesy hooks. I just wish the dudes would wake up and stop like the bands because there girlfriends do. *sigh*
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-27-2004, 06:18 PM Thread Starter

Sorry, double post
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-28-2004, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Societysucks
if the choice was on from the guy from stain'd and some guy I'd never heard of I know Who I'd choose.....

Some other guy lol
Then you'd miss out on a very, very nice instrument indeed, all in the name of musical snobbery...
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-28-2004, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Yeah i guess what i should really be flaming is the mainstream of music. I hate it so much how bands like Good Charlotte, The Used, and all the other poser bands get famous by playing bar chord and cheesy hooks. I just wish the dudes would wake up and stop like the bands because there girlfriends do. *sigh*
Actually, you should take your immature whining elsewhere. Flaming bands is not allowed on these forums. Grow up, realize everyone's allowed to have their own opinion, and listen to whatever music they want, for whatever reason they have. I personally love The Used, and don't mind Good Charlotte (though I probably wouldn't buy a CD of theirs).
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-28-2004, 06:54 PM Thread Starter

Sorry, just get frustrated because the majority of my friends have no idea who sat is nor want to. (Remember i'm 16) I guess i run my mouth a lot. Sorry.
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-28-2004, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Sorry, just get frustrated because the majority of my friends have no idea who sat is nor want to. (Remember i'm 16) I guess i run my mouth a lot. Sorry.
No problem. It is frustrating to not have other friends who enjoy the same kind of music as you, but keep looking, they're out there. And as far as converting your other friends, pick songs that are catchy ("Bad Horsie", "Juice", etc. for Vai and I'm afraid I'm rusty on my Satch tunes at the moment, but there are quite a few good examples of this) and play them in the background when they're over at your house/in your car (if you drive) and see if anyone asks who it is and if they like it, play them some more. And if they don't like it, who cares? That's why I come here: people with similar tastes in music, as well as guitars.

Just watch the bashing/flaming, as it's against forum rules, and tends to get threads locked/deleted (depending on severity) relatively quickly.
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-29-2004, 12:07 AM

lol talking about converting friends to Vai/Satch, I always end up getting bashed like nuts...how vai just knows how to wail and blah blah blah...make me wanna shove passion and warfare up his nose.....AHHHHHH!!!!

here's a link to the profile section of my band's website...im the one on the bottom...i was too lazy to write one myself so my (best) friend wrote one for me that he though best depict me...

http://www.freewebs.com/amity5/bandprofiles.htm

Tags
andy martin , dave weiner , equipped guitar , guitar players , joe satriani , mike mushok , paf pro , rob balducci

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode