Silver Cadet by Ibanez...? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-23-2003, 09:14 PM Thread Starter

Silver Cadet by Ibanez...?

I saw one of these in a pawn shop today. The neck felt a lot like a GRX/Gio. The body shape was also like a GRX/Gio. It was black with a black pickguard, with 3 white single coils. 2 black knobs and a white pickup switch, I think. I was going to try to see what year it was from, but there was no serial number on it that I could find. Only a "made in korea" sticker on the base of the neck. It was a pretty nice guitar, low even action. Anyone have any info on these guitars?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-23-2003, 11:28 PM

Run. Run fast, and run far. Silver Cadets are complete and utter crap. They're the equivalent of the cheesy Korean Squires.

Not even worth a second glance IMHO.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008, 03:56 PM

Re: Silver Cadet by Ibanez...?

Registered just to reply to this decades old thread.

Was my first serious guitar, played my first and many subsequent shows with it when I was 14. GREAT neck on it, horrible plywood body and the worst tuners known to man. Still have it around, it's my only standard tuned guitar. If anyone knows of any cheap decent drop in replacement tuners for this baby please speak up.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008, 08:02 PM

Is that Parental Advisory sticker from an old DOD pedal? I think I still have some in my parts bin Dig the Marshall microstock!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-15-2008, 12:03 AM

Yes sir, it was from a old DOD Grunge pedal I used to have back in the day. Had to get the footswitch repaired on it a good dozen times or so back then, horrible quality, horrible sound. But hey, I was 14 then and it got me REALLY good at flipping that volume knob down whenever the feedbacketry would begin.

I just had that microstack sitting around, it's my guitar player's and I've maybe plugged it in once or twice when the Vetta's not at the house.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-15-2008, 10:19 AM

lol, my 1st guitar too only i have a black one...

Im always thinking of trying some home made VH1 style striping on it, hell, its already black anyway...

Tags
black pickguard , body shape , pickup switch

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode