Sims Custom Shop Guitar Review - Page 4 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #46 of 50 (permalink) Old 09-05-2007, 11:08 PM

Reviews: 1
Re: Sims Custom Shop Guitar Review

It is very difficult, if not impossible, to come up with a completely new guitar body shape that still maintains the classic lines (e.g. Strat, Les Paul, Les Paul Junior, Tele, Flying Vee, Explorer etc) that the vast majority of consumers want. They've all been before. In order for a new guitar body style to succeed in the marketplace, it has to be just different enough to not be just like everything else but similar enough to everything else to not be too radical. The vast majority of solidbody guitars sold are based upon the classic shapes, primarily the Strat.

Does Patrick's double cutaway body shape look similar to other guitars? Yes.

Does Patrick's double cutaway body shape look exactly like another other guitars? No.

Case dismissed.

BTW, one person's "lopsided" is another person's "asymmetry". Lopsided connotes a defect or abnormality of some sort whereas asymmetry infers a designed disproportion.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 50 (permalink) Old 09-05-2007, 11:25 PM

Good thing about a free socity is that if you donít like it, you donít have to buy it! Once you hit puberty you will learn to like curves more :P
post #48 of 50 (permalink) Old 09-06-2007, 12:03 AM

Hey patrick, your guitar has strings on it.

Everyone puts strings on guitars...you copied that from other guitar manufacturers ..gzzz!

This is ridiculous.

Greeaatt!!!....we have Dino in this thread...might as well just close the thread, before it gets any worse.

I think patrick does a good job...let the man make the guitar he wants to make!!...If you don't like it...don't buy it.

Anyway, all of this is off topic.

The OP was just giving a review of his nice new custom guitar and this is what it has turned into. Shame on some of you people.
post #49 of 50 (permalink) Old 09-06-2007, 12:23 AM

I like the guitar - it looks evil - and the "lopsided" look is sweet - it's like the Caparison Apple Horn model - looks awesome. If the Sims only came in black . . .
post #50 of 50 (permalink) Old 09-06-2007, 12:46 AM

That Horizon III looks really cool, I like it, but its honestly the 1st time I've ever seen one. They ever come up on the bay, if so how much can you swipe one up like that used generally? Are they rare? I do collect guitars so I'm always looking for stuff to add to my collection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColinMmmmm View Post
I like the guitar - it looks evil - and the "lopsided" look is sweet - it's like the Caparison Apple Horn model - looks awesome. If the Sims only came in black . . .
Thanks man! And just so you know, its available in any color you want, and their will be a black 6 string & black 7 string completed and for sell in about 1 month. The 6 string one will have either EMG's in it or green Dimarzio X2N's, haven't made my mind up on that yet, 7 string will have EMG's. Floyd Rose trems, all black hardware, sperzels, etc etc...Oh, and both are in Mahogany.

Quote:
Originally Posted by southpaw_lefty View Post
I must say I love that color.

Is the color accurate in the pic above?
Yep, thats pretty much exactly how it looks in person.

Last edited by PatrickSimsCustomShopUSA; 09-06-2007 at 01:10 AM.

Tags
body shape , custom guitar , custom models , custom shop , double cutaway , floyd rose , floyd rose trem , green dimarzio , guitar body , guitar players , headstock design , les paul , marshall dsl , neck pup , pickup ring , pickup rings , rosewood fingerboard , sims custom , sims custom shop

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode