slight bend in headstock - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-22-2008, 03:20 AM Thread Starter

slight bend in headstock

i've noticed there's a really slight bend in the headstock of my rg2550z. looking down the headstock, towards the high E tuning machine, the wood has a slight concave in it. the end of the headstock curves ever so slightly and the back of the headstock, where the tuning heads are, if you look down the line of tuning heads, there is a reaaaaally small curve as well.

it's a really, really small concave but i'm wondering if it's going to get worse or something? you can only see it if you look down the headstock and only if you're looking at the right angle. is this a common thing on rgs?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-22-2008, 03:36 AM Thread Starter

Re: slight bend in headstock

here's a diagram i drew quickly to illustrate.

looking down onto the neck, that's what i mean by concave bend. it's not as extreme as that line, but that's the idea.

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-22-2008, 04:05 AM

Reviews: 1
Re: slight bend in headstock

Strng tension maybe? Could be pulling on a weak spot.

Just an idea... Don't take my word for it.

Tags
bend , headstock , rg2550z

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode