smaller guitar - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-04-2011, 10:05 AM Thread Starter
ebh

smaller guitar

Hi

I want a guitar with a smaller body. It can be either 24,75 or 25,5 scale and preferably with a floyd rose of some type, humbucker in the bridge and a SC in the neck, no middle pickup and idealy with no pickup ring on the hb. 24 frets and easy access to the higher frets (like an RG would be ok).

The specs don't need to be exact, I just want something smaller than, let's say, a jem/rg. Strat/superstrat body type.

I need to be able to buy it in europe and to be cheaper than 1500eur.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-04-2011, 10:14 AM

Re: smaller guitar

Jackson Dinky?
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-04-2011, 10:18 AM

Caparison Horus. (If you can live with the extra 3 frets)

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-04-2011, 12:48 PM
Banned

Reviews: 98

Smaller than what? The guitars you mentioned are all full-sized monsters. Are you playing an upright bass now? Do you mean thinner? I'd say get a good used Jem--you get a good guitar ad something that turns heads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebh View Post
Hi

I want a guitar with a smaller body. It can be either 24,75 or 25,5 scale and preferably with a floyd rose of some type, humbucker in the bridge and a SC in the neck, no middle pickup and idealy with no pickup ring on the hb. 24 frets and easy access to the higher frets (like an RG would be ok).

The specs don't need to be exact, I just want something smaller than, let's say, a jem/rg. Strat/superstrat body type.

I need to be able to buy it in europe and to be cheaper than 1500eur.

Thanks!

post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-04-2011, 01:03 PM

Alaska he's looking for a H/S only guitar so that will rule a Jem out but he does say the spec don't have to be exact I suppose. I'm with ya though on that the OP needs to define 'smaller' a bit better.

I've bought a few Caparison Horus models. That's actually the first one I got pictured above. I bought it from Sounds Great music a few years ago. Thing is due to where I live I was never gonna get a chance to try it out before I bought so I just went for it. On opening the case I was real surprised to how small it was compared to most other guitars I have/owned in the past. The body is pretty small plus they have the 24.75 scale as well.

Thing about Caparisons that I've noticed lately is that they don't seem to hold their value well in the used guitar market. A new Horus in the Uk will set you back £1675 but I've seen used mint Horus models struggle to make £800 on the bay recently. Great guitars but they do sport a fatter neck than one would expect of modern superstrat guitar. Having said that they still play extremely fast.

Last edited by IbanezDaemon; 03-04-2011 at 01:12 PM. Reason: typo
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-05-2011, 03:25 AM

Reviews: 19

Yep, get a Horus.
/thread.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-06-2011, 10:37 PM

Reviews: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by IbanezDaemon View Post
Alaska he's looking for a H/S only guitar so that will rule a Jem
not necessarily, just buy a new pickguard
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-06-2011, 10:46 PM

Reviews: 3

I don't know about the HS configuration, but it is hard to beat a good Saber for small body. The profile isn't especially small but it is slim and sleek.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-06-2011, 11:23 PM
Banned

Reviews: 64

Quote:
Caparison Horus.
Damn it
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-07-2011, 12:44 AM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1

Caparison Horus for less than 1500 Euros?

Good luck with that!
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-07-2011, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jono View Post

Good luck with that!
Admittedly not a new one of course but you can pick ones up used but in mint cond for much less. One went on the bayuk last week for £760 I think and was in great nick.
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-07-2011, 05:46 AM

Reviews: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by jono View Post

Good luck with that!
Not really they are out there!
A mate of mine is selling his Horus Scarab Gold for $2000 AU in excellent condition.

post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-07-2011, 07:52 AM

Get a 540PIISH if you can ever find one. It's a 3/4 size body, although it doesn't look like an RG/Superstrat and the upper fret access is questionable.

I have a 540PSH, which is the US 22-fret version. The PII is the Japan/EU 24-fret version.

Last edited by Takin' a Ride; 02-20-2014 at 04:38 PM.
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-07-2011, 12:59 PM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1

Quote:
Admittedly not a new one of course but you can pick ones up used but in mint cond for much less. One went on the bayuk last week for £760 I think and was in great nick.
Yep that sounds like good luck on that one

In all seriousness though, I'm alittle surprised that they've gone for that little, I've never seen a second hand one (not that I look very often) and was referring to the "new" price. Sounds like there are some real bargains out there
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-07-2011, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takin' a Ride View Post
Get a 540PIISH if you can ever find one. It's a 3/4 size body, although it doesn't look like an RG/Superstrat and the upper fret access is questionable.

I have a 540PSH, which is the US 22-fret version. The PII is the Japan/EU 24-fret version.

Now we are talkin'!

Tags
guitar , small

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode