so, a buddy wants me to sell his strat for him......(any info on this rare one?) - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-27-2006, 08:28 PM Thread Starter

so, a buddy wants me to sell his strat for him......(any info on this rare one?)

hi guys, a buddy of mine here in oklahoma asked me to see about selling his guitar for him. problem is, i have no idea where to even begin with this one.

all my google searching has turned up 1 pic and a small amount of info.

i know it's a fender custom shop, i know who painted it. but, other details, value ect.. are hard to find.

i believe it to be titled air guitar here are 2 pics i took with a crappy cam.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-27-2006, 09:06 PM

Re: so, a buddy wants me to sell his strat for him......(any info on this rare one?)

I betcha Prince would LOVE that guitar!
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-27-2006, 09:23 PM

Re: so, a buddy wants me to sell his strat for him......(any info on this rare one?)

wow that is sweet

Never ever ever ever seen that before.. No curiosity has got the best of me..

keep us informed on what ya find.
post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-27-2006, 10:24 PM

First check out serial dating Fenders. A year range is always very helpful!

I'm guessing mid 90s from the looks but I may be way off.
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-28-2006, 01:40 AM

A very nice guitar indeed
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-28-2006, 03:09 AM

Very nice man!!!

Regards

André

post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-28-2006, 03:32 AM Thread Starter

gleaned a little fore info on her through my internet skillz (or lack there of). turns out this 1 of 1 guitar was built for a art show in 2002 called guitar mania. here is a quote, "Guitar Mania, a public art project in Cleveland, featured 10 foot high decorated fiberglass replicas of Fender Stratocaster guitars, designed and painted by celebrities and artists. The project was a collaboration between the United Way and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. After the exhibition, the guitars were auctioned off, with proceeds benefiting these charities."

here is a link to the air guitars page at

http://www.cleveland.com/guitarmania...airguitar.html

as you can see the site lists the guitars designers but, not the painter.

sig on guitar and cert both read pamelina as the artist.

how would i figure out even where to start with this guitar. anyone have any ideas on what the value could be (even a ballpark would be nice).
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-28-2006, 04:02 AM

Original Artwork by Earnie Merritt and John Lionti. Pamelina probably painted it, why not?

Same site shows that this guitar went for 7500 USD.

http://www.cleveland.com/guitarmania..._2002/bid.html

Best to find out how much your friend got it for and how much he wants for it.
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-28-2006, 04:38 AM

It's art, not a guitar, so it's value will be unrelated to guiatr prices. You couldn't play it as you'd damage the paintwork on the fingerboard.

I don't think it's worth very much at all.
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-28-2006, 08:35 AM

hey I live in Cleveland, I remember that too it was cool huge fenders all over downtown cleveland.
post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-28-2006, 12:52 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeman
It's art, not a guitar, so it's value will be unrelated to guiatr prices. You couldn't play it as you'd damage the paintwork on the fingerboard.

I don't think it's worth very much at all.
actually, the guitar is cleared all over. so, paint wear would be that of any painted neck i assume.

my buddy won the guitar in a online contest through music***.com and he is just not comfortable owning it anylonger. he said he is hoping to pull about 5k for it. does that sound unreasonable for this guitar? i am not sure as i'm not a fender guy in the slightest way.
post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-28-2006, 12:53 PM Thread Starter

thanks for that link ibatuer, i must have missed that one....
post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-28-2006, 02:06 PM

Cheers man. I guess 5K wouldn't be a problem. There must be a fender forum somewhere where you could advertise it to get some numbers and interest.
post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-28-2006, 07:37 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibateur
Cheers man. I guess 5K wouldn't be a problem. There must be a fender forum somewhere where you could advertise it to get some numbers and interest.

well, i'm not trying to advertise yet. just trying to learn as much about it as i can then i'll make a decision on price...

how is the market for these types of fenders?
post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-28-2006, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gash
well, i'm not trying to advertise yet. just trying to learn as much about it as i can then i'll make a decision on price...

how is the market for these types of fenders?
Market is generally always good for ultra collectible Fenders (and issue number one of a run of one instruments makes this pretty collectible!) - really pretty guitar - good luck to you and your friend.

Just as a point of curiosity, Pamelina was one of the artists who painted the Ibanez US art RGs - she has a website somewhere which I think you can find via IbanezRegister

Tags
air guitar , custom shop , darren wilson , fender custom shop , fender strat , fender stratocaster

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode