So I just bought this guitar...(your thoughts and feelings here) - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-15-2006, 01:38 AM Thread Starter

So I just bought this guitar...(your thoughts and feelings here)

**** item #7396900761
It's a rg7621 that I bought on ****. I'm hoping to re-coop my funds by selling my rg7420. I always wanted this guitar, but at the time I couldn't afford it. I was about 16 and I had my first job that wasn't a paper route. First I bought a tascam 424, and alesis compressor, then the 7420. I was really excited about buying my first brand new guitar to join my 89' rg570 I had. Too excited I guess. I really wanted the one without the tremolo, and I wanted the better 7621, but, they had a magenta crush 420 rite there in front of me that had just been brought in! There was also a guy who was going to buy it! I needed that guitar! So I bought it, on layaway, which I don't think they normally did, but made an exception for the kid with money to put down. It never played as nice as my rg570, and his, left me a bit down. But damn was it low!
http://www.hostdub.com/albums/91driv...5/DSCN6999.jpg

Well, to the present. I just got my tax return, and attending college, I saw this as a good opportunity to finally get what I want for less than the lower model I paid for new. I never played the 420 mostly due to the tremolo. I was hoping it could be my standard tuned guitar with the benefit of a dropped low b (a.) Maybe now I can be more flexible and play in public with a seven string for more than one song.

So, with that in mind, what do you think of my purchase, and did I get burned too bad? I figured the person may be using the larger scale to handle lower tunings (minus the b string), and asked if any truss adjustments had ever been made and in good faith I believed them when they said "no." I think I'll sell my 420 in the case that comes with the auction, and buy myself a real ibanez case.

Last edited by screamingABA; 03-15-2006 at 01:51 AM. Reason: Holy huge pictures batman!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-15-2006, 02:24 AM

Re: So I just bought this guitar...(your thoughts and feelings here)

I don't see any burn. From the pics it looks to be in good cosmetic condition and the price seems ok to me. You must have thought $438 was fair to bid up to there.

Too bad the dope obviously has no clue how to string the thing. And you gotta wonder why there's no 7th string and how long it's been off. But since he doesn't seem to know anything about guitars, that could be to your benefit because it may be in pristine condition if it's gone mostly unplayed.

I wouldn't worry about the case unless you intend to transport it a lot.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-16-2006, 04:40 AM

Quote:
It's a rg7621 that I bought on ****.
I might be stupid, but the guitar in pic posted is no RG7621. The RG7621 has hardtail trem. The pic posted hasn't. The trem on guitar in pic also isn't a Edge Lo Pro 7. It's of lower type. Guitar shown is RG7420.

Could be you posted pic of your old RG7420......but what's the point of that?????
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-16-2006, 10:09 PM Thread Starter

I know I know, I meant to post a link to the guitar I just won up top (instead I have the auction number) but this site wouldn't let me, (along wth mentioning the e auction site.) The guitar pic below is the 7420 I am selling and replacing. Just past the auction number if you want to check it out, I';d appreciate it, thanks!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode