So I testdrove the MTM1 today... - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-09-2006, 04:41 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs up So I testdrove the MTM1 today...

I went to my local guitar store see what new stock they had, I noticed they had the new MTM1 mick thompson signature RG. This thing is eye candy, the red looks real nice! I was also surprised at how the guitar felt in general, the neck was great, it felt solid, everything was nice! I didn't feel korean made at all, and actually... I prefered it to the 2600$CAD parker fly mojo I had tried right before. It's definately a guitar made for fans of metal, though its great. The "Seven" Inlay was the biggest surprise, it looked pretty neat!!!

just thought I'd share my experience, i honestly wasn't expecting that much...

Cloud
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-09-2006, 04:58 PM

Re: So I testdrove the MTM1 today...

Thanks for sharing your experience! Did you think the guitar "felt" worth it's $1300 price tag? Did you get to plug it in and try it out? I am just curious how it sounds ;p

I have been GASing for one bad, but hesitant to actually fork over the cash for a korean made Ibanez.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-09-2006, 05:08 PM

It doesn't have the "prestige" label, so I guess you posted this in the wrong section.

Anyway, I don't think it's visually appealing, but the reversed headstock is definitely a plus. The Edge FX bridge seems like total overkill - I mean, how badly does he treat his guitars to actually need a double-locking fixed bridge to keep it in tune? I suppose it could have been an aesthetic choice, though, to give a feeling of "complexity".
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-09-2006, 05:10 PM Thread Starter

well, IMO all signature artist models are overpriced, but yes, in the same scale as the PGM,K7,UV/JEM, it did feel like a 1300$ guitar, like i said, it was solid, it felt like a single piece of wood to me! And The emg's sounded really good too, nice lead tone, crunchy rhythm, bridge was very confortable, if you're GASing for one, I say go for it!!
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-09-2006, 05:14 PM

Thanks UD3.2 ;p I love the case too hehe, as lame as that may sound ;p
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-09-2006, 05:20 PM Thread Starter

doesnt sound lame at all, looks pretty killer if you ask me!
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-10-2006, 01:47 AM

I was surprised at the quality in my RGT42 as well, I think the MTM1 is very similar. It came with EMG's tooand a blocked, so it's like I almost have a MTM.

i don't mind it's looks at all. It is what it is: a SIGNATURE guitar. I'm glad that he stopped using his bcrichs, the MTM1 does liven up the product line.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-10-2006, 02:33 AM Thread Starter

^^actually, to be honest, It felt better in my hands then an rgt42, i couldnt understand why, specs seemed very similar, however it just felt better imo...
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-10-2006, 02:53 AM

Maybe its the psychological aspect? Don't they have the same necks?
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-10-2006, 02:05 PM
Banned

post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-10-2006, 02:17 PM

Yes, we all know what it looks like. lol
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-10-2006, 02:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.Thep View Post
Yes, we all know what it looks like. lol
I didn't. I never heard of it before I saw this thread. Perhaps I'm not the only one.

Tags
fixed bridge , mick thompson , parker fly , reversed headstock , signature guitar

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode