So who here is into Les Pauls? - Page 4 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #46 of 90 (permalink) Old 05-06-2007, 10:56 AM

Re: So who here is into Les Pauls?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratosqueeg View Post
I agree with that whole line thing existing.
It doesn't need to be but then again some people feel that certain guitars
are only good for certain things.

I love my Ibanez' Kramers and my LP's
I have a mint 1970 Les Paul custom with small volute (not black beauty, still looking for one)
and a 1977 Les paul gold top in players condition. This one by far blows the custom out of the water and is really a players guitar.

I just love them all......
Nice LPs!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 90 (permalink) Old 05-06-2007, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibanez249 View Post
I'm loving Les Pauls at the moment. I promised myself a major swap around recently and that's exactly what I did, so here are a few of my latest acquisitions...

Can you love Strats and Les Pauls? Of course! (The Strat is actually a custom made up from a squier, but it'll nearly all be original Fender by the time I'm finished with it

It makes for a brilliant breath of fresh air from the usual Ibanez/DiMarzio stuff.
HaHa , so thats what what you were up to wise man !!
Hope your enjoying the change , all you need now is a few Jems .

Do you find you get more inspiration from a Paul ?
post #48 of 90 (permalink) Old 05-06-2007, 06:25 PM

That goldtop looks awesome. I cant wait for mine to start checking and maybe starting to green (if the RIs do that), but being that its a CS piece, Im not going to check it myself

post #49 of 90 (permalink) Old 05-07-2007, 03:46 AM

Cheers guys

Basically, because of the way I play I started to get sick of sounding like a poor mans's Paul Gilbert and I thought the best way to change it up would be to get away from DiMarzio's for a while. Something else that struck me was that after playing my N4, my Ibanez guitars felt... well, (for lack of a better term) flimsy Like they were too light and the necks were too thin. That's NOT to say they are, it's just how I feel about them after playing other guitars. So I thought "Why not buy something nice and sturdy?" and what's sturdier than a Les Paul? So I picked up one knowing full-well that it'd limit me in the upper register, but at the same time it's like a 'necessary evil' when you way it up against the other Pro's you get with an LP.

They truly are amazing guitars and (without sounding like your generic wannabe rock god) when you fire them through a cranked Marshall the tone is pure F'n rock and roll. I guess I do get lot's inspiration of the tone if that makes sense? Like "Yeah I'm gonna play this riff/lick because with this tone it'll sound cool as f**k!" I've still got a couple of Ibanez if I want to switch back though

I have to hold my hands up though... the Strat cost me peanuts in comparison to the LPs and it's still a major toss up on which to pick up and play
post #50 of 90 (permalink) Old 05-07-2007, 03:50 AM

Dave, have you still got your other guitars then? Or are you sticking with the strat and lp's?
post #51 of 90 (permalink) Old 05-07-2007, 03:57 AM

Nah, I love Ibanez. I'm just feeling stuff out for the moment

The thing is, I love guitars in general and I really don't care what brand is on the headstock. If you limit yourself to 1/2 brands, it's like going to a huge Chinese buffet and saying "I'll have that one" when really you should have the whole lot

Everybody says "You must own a Strat, it's guitarist law" but to me, everyone should own a Strat/LP/Ibanez Jem or RG, then you're covered on all bases
post #52 of 90 (permalink) Old 05-07-2007, 03:59 AM

Took me a long time to find one that sounded good and played well (and looked cool) as Gibson's QC these days is pretty hit and miss.

I think that they are one of the best looking guitars ever built, nothing has the vibe or sound of a LP, but they are way too limited to be my only guitar.
post #53 of 90 (permalink) Old 05-07-2007, 04:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Algiman View Post
I think that they are one of the best looking guitars ever built, nothing has the vibe or sound of a LP, but they are way too limited to be my only guitar.
Perfectly put.
post #54 of 90 (permalink) Old 05-07-2007, 04:08 AM

I've never got on with either of my LP's or my old strat. As much as I liked the tone of my custom LP, I hated playing it as it was too uncomfortable. I'm mainly a Ibanez/Jackson player, but have recently become a fan of PRS. I got a CE24 and I love the tone and how it plays. I'll be buying a hardtail somewhere down the line
post #55 of 90 (permalink) Old 05-07-2007, 04:09 AM

Yeah, a PRS is something I've hankered for for quite some time and I can see one entering the collection in the next 12 months.

Another axe you need to own before you die
post #56 of 90 (permalink) Old 05-07-2007, 04:10 AM

Not that I'm planning on dying in the next 12 months!
post #57 of 90 (permalink) Old 05-07-2007, 04:14 AM

Should think not mate!

I never really though about having a PRS until recently when someone here recommended a PRS SE. But luckily for me I managed to pick up the CE24 for a very low price One of the best buys I've made.
post #58 of 90 (permalink) Old 05-07-2007, 05:56 AM

I'm into Les Pauls, awesome guitar.

Heres My Epi Lp I got 2nd Hand ($450AU) I got around March. Doesn't play as good as my Uncles Epi Lp Custom or his wine red LP Standard, but still a awesome guitar.

Would Like to own a Gibson Les Paul one day in either Wine Red, Cherry Sunburst or Goldtop
post #59 of 90 (permalink) Old 05-07-2007, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurj View Post
Should think not mate!

I never really though about having a PRS until recently when someone here recommended a PRS SE. But luckily for me I managed to pick up the CE24 for a very low price One of the best buys I've made.
I love the CE24's, congrats on the score!
post #60 of 90 (permalink) Old 05-07-2007, 10:57 AM

Here are my Les Pauls:

Tags
chrome knobs , clean tone , combo amp , custom shop , david mccarroll , doug aldrich , electric guitar , fender strat , gibson les paul , ibanez guitars , ibanez jem , ibanez rga , jackson soloist , john sykes , les paul , les paul custom , les pauls , locking nut , locking nuts , neck angle , neck pickup , paul gilbert , pickup switch , shred guitars , strap button , super strat , tube combo , tube combo amp

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode