Sold My Purple RG/Jem custom ... Now i am gutted - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-01-2003, 05:50 AM Thread Starter

Sold My Purple RG/Jem custom ... Now i am gutted

Quite literally,I sold her to finance a Jem body with all gubbins etc ... Had a neck lined up,So,Instead of being sensible,I sold her :-( had both sales all lined up and i'd have had a nice Jem after some re-finish work

Both people sold the gear i wanted the day i was to PayPal,Now i miss my baby,and have had no luck convincing the buyer of my baby to sell her back (plus cash)

With my RG7620 in piece's (re-fin in natural,with pyramid inlay and binding to come,with uv777bk neck to pop on and hardware swap)

My Uv777bk hidden away from the Kittens so they don't use it as a scratching post

My Les Paul is hiding away,i rarely play her,but she's toooooo good to sell

SO i am now playing my beat up Black RG/Jem custom,which althou it sounds great,pi$$es me off coz it's just not as nice as my old custom,it's difficult to play,the neck is fudged (not by me i hasten to add) and the cats have literally made it look like sh!t

I'm gutted and truely p!ssed off,I needed to vent my frustrations to people whom know my pain

Regards

Rob
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-02-2003, 03:13 PM

The only way to cure that Rob is to buy more parts and guitars, which I hasten to add you are rather good at.

No doubt you will have another few bodies and necks in a few weeks!

Gary - The.Godfather
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-02-2003, 03:24 PM Thread Starter

Oooo,I think you maybe right,I desperately need a JS body,But i Might have a JS90th lined up :-)

Oh and My UV7BK custom with RG7620 body once i get the neck ... By eck i think it'll keep me quite busy

What with the Eggle custom getting somewhere now :-) All i need is a heap of pickups ... Which i'm also working towards

So far,A quick list of parts i have aquired ... JS1000 neck,UV777BK neck,RG/JEM body (soon to be collected) DiMarzio blue velvet (on thier way) another set of MINT chrome Evo's (on thier way) and with any luck a slight damaged,dare i say it,Jem777dna neck (needs alot of work,but,it's fixable...still working on the deal for that)

This is in the last week :-)

Still miss my baby tho :-(

Rob (NPurple rain)
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-02-2003, 04:15 PM

oh God, WHY?
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-02-2003, 04:55 PM Thread Starter

WHY? what ?

Rob
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-02-2003, 05:01 PM

I,d like to get my hands on that DNA neck......nice find.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-02-2003, 05:04 PM Thread Starter

If i can get it,i'm hopefull i can get my hands on it too :-) if it all falls through i'm gonna be a little naffed off again

I'll post some pics once i get some myself :-)

Rob
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-03-2003, 03:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jem7RB MK
WHY? what ?
WHY you did it!
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-03-2003, 05:29 AM Thread Starter

Re: Sold My Purple RG/Jem custom ... Now i am gutted

Quote:
Quite literally,I sold her to finance a Jem body with all gubbins etc ... Had a neck lined up,So,Instead of being sensible,I sold her :-( had both sales all lined up and i'd have had a nice Jem after some re-finish work
This was the ONLY reason for selling,I must now replace her with Stuff !!! and possibly the odd custom Ibanez or 3

Rob
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-03-2003, 06:20 AM

mine was just kind of a dramatic expression...
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-03-2003, 08:52 AM Thread Starter

I get ya :-)

Rob
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-04-2003, 01:09 AM

man im from texas, i got a TON o guns, i can fix the cat prollem for ya.
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-04-2003, 04:37 AM Thread Starter

Be my guest,But you'll have to suffer the wrath of the wife after,And the is NO WAY IN HELL i'm saving you from that ;-)

Rob
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-05-2003, 10:36 AM

the cure

Gear Acquisition Syndrome the cure to all that ails you.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-08-2003, 10:44 PM

Re: Sold My Purple RG/Jem custom ... Now i am gutted

Quote:

Both people sold the gear i wanted the day i was to PayPal,Now i miss my baby,and have had no luck convincing the buyer of my baby to sell her back (plus cash)

With my RG7620 in piece's (re-fin in natural,with pyramid inlay and binding to come,with uv777bk neck to pop on and hardware swap)

My Uv777bk hidden away from the Kittens so they don't use it as a scratching post

My Les Paul is hiding away,i rarely play her,but she's toooooo good to sell

SO i am now playing my beat up Black RG/Jem custom,which althou it sounds great,pi$$es me off coz it's just not as nice as my old custom,it's difficult to play,the neck is fudged (not by me i hasten to add) and the cats have literally made it look like sh!t

I'm gutted and truely p!ssed off,I needed to vent my frustrations to people whom know my pain

Regards

Rob
Maybe you should gut the cats. Well maybe not that extreme, but if a cat attacked one of my guitars, it would only do it ONCE. There would be no chance for a second time.

Tags
custom ibanez , dimarzio blue velvet , jem custom , les paul , pyramid inlay

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode