Some assembly required - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-26-2008, 04:19 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 2
Some assembly required

This one is my latest grab. I think after I set it straight,I'm gonna love it.

Evilbay# 130201308401

I look forward to hearing what you guys think.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-26-2008, 04:47 PM

Re: Some assembly required

cool guitar.sure you have fun.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-26-2008, 04:48 PM
bdk

Funny, I almost bought the same guitar off craigslist!!! It's in ok shape. The trem isn't in pieces, I think the dude was trippin or something, he still has the arm trem holder, you just need a nut. Actually, you probably don't even need a nut, it's in pretty good shape. The body is pretty thrashed though, but the neck looked so so. There was definite wear on the maple fretboard. You do get those original pickups though.
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-26-2008, 11:06 PM

nice grab! after a fix up that thing could pull $600 or more if you weren't planning on keeping.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-26-2008, 11:31 PM

Reviews: 10
Thumbs up Re: Some assembly required

It looks like a good deal congrats!!!
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-27-2008, 12:25 AM

The neck alone is close to being worth what you paid..
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-27-2008, 02:10 PM Thread Starter

Yeah,I think overall it'll end up being a good deal. For $375 it's pretty much a low risk move. I've never been one to do any work on my own guitars,but I figure I'll take a shot with this one.....at least the trem. The only regret I have about this,is that I didn't have the $600 to hit the BIN on the blue 770DX he had listed along with this one.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-27-2008, 03:55 PM

hey rog, i got some parts laying around to help get her up and running. good score. always loved the rg565, just never was as much a fan of the reverse headstock. i had thought about getting one and swapping the neck from a 550 or something.

rich
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-27-2008, 09:25 PM

Reviews: 4

What does it need? Edge?
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-28-2008, 03:55 AM
bdk

Quote:
Originally Posted by uberthrall View Post
Yeah,I think overall it'll end up being a good deal. For $375 it's pretty much a low risk move. I've never been one to do any work on my own guitars,but I figure I'll take a shot with this one.....at least the trem. The only regret I have about this,is that I didn't have the $600 to hit the BIN on the blue 770DX he had listed along with this one.
His Blue DX is totally thrashed. The neck has tremendous wear on it, there are large chips all over the body. all in all, most of his guitars were in poor condition.
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-03-2008, 07:56 PM Thread Starter

Ok,I attempted 3 times to give this update in the form of a new thread,but I kept getting the blank screen of death....lets see if this works. Well,it came today. The supposed trem issue wasn't really much of a big deal at all. When I unboxed it I polished the frets,put on the bridge,and strung it up. After adjusting the bridge it's playing pretty good. The only issue with it now is the input jack....you gotta wiggle the cord a bit sometimes to establish a proper connection....not a big problem,I'll look at it later tonight.

What IS a big problem however is I very,very stupidly strayed into our favorite auction site and found my #1 grail guitar of all time. Now I'm faced with a conundrum. I'm leaning VERY heavily towards letting this one and/or my green 550DXEG go in order to grab it. GAS is a harsh mistress indeed!!

By uberthrall

By uberthrall

By uberthrall
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-04-2008, 06:10 PM
Dee

I love the RG565.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-04-2008, 06:27 PM

hey, rog, what is your #1 dream guitar? aside from custom tom anderson/melancon, i own a few of mine: rgt3120tdb, rg7ctvv, rg2120x, rg3120dr, and my rg770dxvm.
if i weren't GAS'ing over those rgr580's and trying desperately to track one of those down, i might take you up on one of the ones your looking to unload.

rich
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-04-2008, 06:41 PM

Congrats on the 565.
I've been looking for the right one for awhile now. I check the Ibanez section pretty regularly and was wondering how this one got by,..... dude you plucked that thing after it was on for 16 minutes. Nice score!
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-05-2008, 01:17 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rty13ibz98 View Post
hey, rog, what is your #1 dream guitar? aside from custom tom anderson/melancon, i own a few of mine: rgt3120tdb, rg7ctvv, rg2120x, rg3120dr, and my rg770dxvm.
if i weren't GAS'ing over those rgr580's and trying desperately to track one of those down, i might take you up on one of the ones your looking to unload.

rich

Hey Rich....the one I'm talking about is the Gibson M3. I had one for two years....a looong time for me,particularly considering I only had one other at that time...a koa Warmoth Superstrat. When my girl and I(now the missus) found out she was gonna have our first kid,I sold it out of desperation...we REALLY needed the money.....I only got $250 for it....doh!! Those are great guitars. There's one on that auction site we all love/hate for a $999 BIN. I asked the dude if he'd take $800 now or be willing to wait a little more than his 5 day limit,but he's not into waiting or lowering the price,so I'm tempted to offer both the 565 and the 550DXEG together for enough to grab it,but I'm still undecided...........ahh,the ups and downs of GAS.

Tags
maple fret , maple fretboard , reverse headstock

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

People searched for this, also searched for these:

is duty required on shipments to japan
is the boss psa adapter required?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode