some RG1527 questions - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-28-2004, 06:20 PM Thread Starter

some RG1527 questions

what is a volute?does the rg1527 have one and is it good or bad for a neck to have one.I also wanted to ask if the neck on the rg1527 be flatter than the neck of the ESP LTD 7 string guitars and whats better the V pickups on the rg 1527 or the EMG hz's found onthe ltd 7 strings.thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-29-2004, 07:39 AM

The volute is an extra bump of wood behind the nut to reinforce the joint there. It's not a bad thing, as it makes it stronger (unless you find it gets in the way of your thumb while playing, I've never had a problem myself).
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-03-2004, 11:58 PM

yeah, that's a volute. Umm, about the pickups, I guess it depends what you're playing it through. I just tried out a 1527 today through a Peavey XXX and the thing sounded beyond amazing. Then again, if I bought one and played it through my little Fender Princton Chorus, it wouldn't sound nearly as good. The EMG-Hz pickups don't sound nearly as good as the active EMG's, but I wouldn't bother changing the V-7 and V-8 for EMGs because they already sound good. It's mostly personal preference...but wait, you can't try them huh? Well, if I were you, I'd just leave the V series pickups in. Either that or go for the active EMG's if that's your thing, or (this is what I'd do if I didn't already like the V's) put in some Dimarzio Blazes or Evolution 7's. It's all a thing about opinion.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-04-2004, 12:29 AM

The V7-7 and V7-8 on my RG1527 sound really good through my Fender Princeton Chorus. However, I'll likely swap out the bridge for an Evo7 sometime as I'm looking for a little sharper bite. I think the neck pup sounds perfect.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-04-2004, 08:48 AM

I swapped out the sotck V pickups for a Duncan Custom/Jazz set. I was much happier with the Duncans. My two cents.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-05-2004, 06:52 PM

when i get my 1527, i want to stock it with pickups so i can get a nice thick edgey tone liek Petruccis on the Awake album. i absolutely do not wnata thin sound at all though, so i dont know what kind of pickups i should get, im using an evo7 in my 7620 rite now, but i think i like the sound im getting from Awake more than the evo7. any suggestions? remember, thick, edgey, NO THIN SOUND, lots of tone

Tags
dimarzio blaze , fender princeton , fender princeton chorus , neck pup , string guitars

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode