Someone Better Buy This - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-11-2006, 08:04 PM Thread Starter

Someone Better Buy This

Theres a closeout deal on RG3120s at Guitartrader.com They retailed for 1500 and now there going for nine. If anyone wants one, nows the time to get it. To bad theres no vine, then you could swap out the pickups and you'd have yourself a J custom.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-12-2006, 12:19 AM

Re: Someone Better Buy This

you would have a rg3120 with different pickups
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-12-2006, 01:33 AM

Hi- first post!

Bought an RG3120 there today. I am a confirmed les paul guy, but my gosh these RG's are incredible. I got a dark amber for $915 out the door, and I've been playing it since I got home from work. I was worried about the "skinny" neck, but it feels fine to me.

If you go to Guitar Trader see Aaron; great service, no attitude.

I also played an RGT. Wonderful guitar, but the wifey gets suspicious if the price is over $1K. Hell, the SA's I played were great.

Anyhow fellas, great site, and great guitars. I thought I knew what nice fretwork was, until I played this RG.

Hal
post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-12-2006, 01:47 AM

Wow! that's a great looking ax. If only it had HSH.
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-12-2006, 02:28 AM

Reviews: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03hal
Hi- first post!

Bought an RG3120 there today. I am a confirmed les paul guy, but my gosh these RG's are incredible. I got a dark amber for $915 out the door, and I've been playing it since I got home from work. I was worried about the "skinny" neck, but it feels fine to me.

If you go to Guitar Trader see Aaron; great service, no attitude.

I also played an RGT. Wonderful guitar, but the wifey gets suspicious if the price is over $1K. Hell, the SA's I played were great.

Anyhow fellas, great site, and great guitars. I thought I knew what nice fretwork was, until I played this RG.

Hal
Welcome! Yeah Japanese RG's are great guitars and they have the nicest fretwork I've ever played on. I wish I had the money to grab one of those right now!
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-12-2006, 04:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brothersnowgone
I wish I had the money to grab one of those right now!
welcome to the club
post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-12-2006, 09:04 AM

That's an awesome deal. I might just pick one of those up. The cool thing about GuitarTrader.com is that you can use your paypal credit account to buy stuff, which means you can make monthly payments (if you don't feel like applying for Guitar Trader's credit card).
post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-12-2006, 02:09 PM

Hey- thanks for the welcome!

Played the RG this morning before work, finally plugged in (so to speak, it was through a pod xt live) and it sounds wonderful. Nice growl and the cleans were great too. As you can tell I'm very pleased with it.

If anyone does order one, Aaaron and I went through all the ones they had, so he can pick out a good one. They had a natural finish one that was really resonant, but it was going for a bit more and I was trying to keep the price down. The natural one had been out of the case (on display) for a while too, which probably helps; in my experience they all sound better the more you play 'em.

Hal
post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 12:58 PM

If I lived in the USA, I'd buy that in a heartbeat!
post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJazzTerminator
That's an awesome deal. I might just pick one of those up. The cool thing about GuitarTrader.com is that you can use your paypal credit account to buy stuff, which means you can make monthly payments (if you don't feel like applying for Guitar Trader's credit card).
You can??? Tell me how if so, I've looked all over and it doesn't say they accept monthly payments...please god prove me wrong! Edit: lol never mind I found where it says it...although it doesn't say how much you need to initially pay, anyone know?
post #11 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-18-2006, 11:30 AM

Ordered my Dark Amber RG3120 from Guitar Trader yesterday.
The wait begins.....
post #12 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-18-2006, 04:14 PM Thread Starter

Lets see some picks hal.
post #13 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-18-2006, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03hal
Hey- thanks for the welcome!

Played the RG this morning before work, finally plugged in (so to speak, it was through a pod xt live) and it sounds wonderful. Nice growl and the cleans were great too. As you can tell I'm very pleased with it.

If anyone does order one, Aaaron and I went through all the ones they had, so he can pick out a good one. They had a natural finish one that was really resonant, but it was going for a bit more and I was trying to keep the price down. The natural one had been out of the case (on display) for a while too, which probably helps; in my experience they all sound better the more you play 'em.

Hal
Les Paul fans can be hardcore about sticking to Gibson so I'm realy pleased that you put your foot in the water and are now enjoying a beautiful Ibanez guitar.

WELCOME !!!!

Ben
post #14 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-19-2006, 02:47 PM

Hey guys-

I took some pics this morning, but am unclear on the whole inter-webby-posting-pics thing. Any advice?

The RG is still amazing. For years I've listened to people spout about the thin necks yada yada yada but I've found that they feel great. I'm certainly no pro, and haven't played for an audience in years, but relatively minor differences in neck profiles have never been very important to me. The quality on this is great, easily up there with my LP and Epi elitist also. And it's not just an MIJ thing- I've had love rocks that looked as if they were made on a Friday at quitting time.

I remember reading Dan Erlewine's book about guitar maintenance and seeing the section on the RG. When the shims on the nut were mentioned, I thought "what a dumb way to do it." Now that I've take mine apart, I love it; no filing, just sort the shims until you're happy.

One more question- anyone running .10's? The .09's feel just a little too slinky for me.

Thanks!
Hal
post #15 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-19-2006, 02:55 PM

Go to Imageshack or Imagevenue. Once you upload the images it give's you a number of links to post thumbnails or full size images. Its too easy to figure out with the directions they give you, let us know if you have any problems with it.

Tags
dan erlewine , double cutaway , les paul , strat trem

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode