Spalted Custom Tele - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-24-2007, 07:28 AM Thread Starter

Spalted Custom Tele

I just saw a new Custom Spalted Tele with HH config at my local shop. List is around $1100 and MAP somewhere around $769

It looks great but being a KOREAN made Fender for that price was a big dissapointment. I was shocked to see it wasn't MIJ - maybe I shouldn't have been so shocked. I don't want to sound like a snob about where it was made but that is a very hefty price tag for MIK.

Anyone else see it around?

http://fender.com/products/search.php?partno=0262600521
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-24-2007, 09:13 AM

Re: Spalted Custom Tele

Haven't seen that yet..... Love Spalted Maple, but there's only one kinda real Tele to me. Just give me the classic!

http://fender.com/products/search.php?partno=0100202850
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-24-2007, 09:33 AM Thread Starter

http://fender.com/products/search.php?partno=0101600700

American Deluxe for me, it has to have binding. I would take ALMOST any Tele if it has body binding and double binding would be the cat's meow for me.

The Spalted Custom Tele looks sweet. It has a carved top and comfort cuts with nice abalone dots on the rosewood fretboard. It truley looks nice and with REAL Duncans (Pearly Gates and '59) it seems like a hell of an axe but for some odd reason I feel insulted by Fender with it being MIK. Not sure why? I have a $1300 MIK SZ4020 Ibanez and have zero issues about that kind of dough for that one.

I'm completely perplexed why I'm bothered so much on the price of this Tele? Maybe that a MIK is more costly than any MIM Fender? Not sure
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-24-2007, 10:46 AM

saw it. i actually have a red flame version, which i love. mine has had the electronics modded, but aside from that is the same. i turned my other guitar player on to it, and he bought the trans black one. mine had the 59, PG in it, but i put a jb in it. he had the older fender pickups in it, so he dropped a jazz, PG in it. mine has a petrucci switch and the coil tap is only for the neck hum: neck coil on. truly an awesome axe. i personally can't justify the price for that axe, but for what i dropped for mine...no gripes. before the haters get down on this trhead, go try one out, they are very fun to play, gorgeous as well. built solid and versatile.

rich
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-24-2007, 03:40 PM

damn seems everybody is making spalted maple guitars lately and i'm not complaining about it either
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-25-2007, 09:39 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfiend14 View Post
damn seems everybody is making spalted maple guitars lately and i'm not complaining about it either
Me neither. It is a nice change from the standard flame maple and quilt tops you see everywhere.

Nothing like a little wood rot to giv a guitar individual character.

Rich, please post a pic of your Tele if you can. I'd love to see it
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-26-2007, 07:12 PM

Im still gasing about an LTD FX-400, but still disapointed because it US only
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-26-2007, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by screamndemon69 View Post
I don't want to sound like a snob about where it was made but that is a very hefty price tag for MIK.
See Ibanez, Euphoria, or the $5K Korean Gieger.

Anyway that's a nice looking Tele, too bad its got two humbuckers though.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-27-2007, 02:24 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcid View Post
See Ibanez, Euphoria, or the $5K Korean Gieger.

Anyway that's a nice looking Tele, too bad its got two humbuckers though.
Agreed
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-27-2007, 02:38 PM

Cant beat that spalted maple look.

I didnt realise Fender made guitars in Korea. I thought they left he Korean and Chinese stuff for Squire to make?
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-27-2007, 03:29 PM Thread Starter

I didn't realize it either. I like the guitar and would grab one for a better price but not for the $769 or so it was priced at

I'll wait until after I get my new Mesa(s), white Explorer and THEN set my sights on a nice bound Tele.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-27-2007, 10:28 PM

That spalted top Tele looks beautiful.

Tags
abalone dots , coil tap , flame maple , rosewood fretboard

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode