Specs? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-04-2008, 03:37 PM Thread Starter

Specs?

Im looking to find the specs of the guitar paul gilbert and bruce bouillet used to use in racer x, the pink and green custom ibanezes. Anybody know what pickups and hardware they were using? Heres a vid of paul playing a solo on his,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i33t19-it3s

Hope someone knows, thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-04-2008, 03:48 PM

Re: Specs?

i don't know much about those guitars, but i distinctly remember them being modified epiphones or something like that. kahler trem (couldn't say which model, not really a kahler guy) and seymour duncan mini-humbucker in the neck position. i have no idea what the bridge pickup is, but i recall hearing somewhere that he was using a dimarzio super distortion wired in parallel alot during the racer x days.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-04-2008, 03:55 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the info, what are the seymour duncan mini-humbuckers like?
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-04-2008, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markyperfection View Post
i don't know much about those guitars, but i distinctly remember them being modified epiphones or something like that. kahler trem (couldn't say which model, not really a kahler guy) and seymour duncan mini-humbucker in the neck position. i have no idea what the bridge pickup is, but i recall hearing somewhere that he was using a dimarzio super distortion wired in parallel alot during the racer x days.
yeah I've heard all the same stuff.
those Ephiphones had mahagony bodies I think, dunno for sure.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-04-2008, 04:11 PM

i've never used the duncans, but i've spent a lot of time on an older lp deluxe with minibuckers in it. they're pretty low-output, bright pickups with a good amount of mid-range. very musical and fun to play, but lacking enough heat to be really useful for me. there are three minibuckers available from sd right now, here are the links to their respective pages.

http://www.seymourduncan.com/product...3_seymourized/
http://www.seymourduncan.com/product...1_vintage_min/
http://www.seymourduncan.com/product...2_custom_mini/

no idea which they were using back then, but knowing paul's taste in pups, it'd be the cleanest, brightest one of the three. he had a similar setup on the purple "tele-savalas" rg in the intense rock video.

Tags
bridge pickup , custom ibanez , dimarzio super distortion , kahler trem , neck position , paul gilbert , seymour duncan , super distortion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode