Speedloader 7? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-31-2003, 11:55 AM Thread Starter

Speedloader 7?

I went to the London Guitar show a while back and saw at the BC rich stand the new guitars with Speedloader trems.

2 Questions:

How do these Speedloader trems work? (All i could work out is that you tune up from Bridge but that would seem to take longer and a bit iritatble on the thumbs)

Are there going to be 7 string re-fit versions available and will a RG7420 be able to fit these in it they were done.

I really wouldnt want wholes for tunning pegs so if these are going to be made for 7-string are their re-fit necks going to be avail?!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-31-2003, 09:33 PM

I have yet to see an actual 7 String OFR, lots of licenced but none with 'Floyd Rose' in bold on it, so I doubt they'll make a Speed-loader 7 model...

From what I understand, they use special strings, in a double-bullet end set up.. The strings are a specific length, so that when you put them on the nut, and lever them in place on the bridge, they are close to standard pitch.. Quicker string changes, but you're stuck with whatever brand makes them, and in whatever gauges they're available in..

Personally, I'll keep my Edge trems..

Either way, these are Floyd Rose parts, so Ibanez isn't going to be sticking them in guitars, if the Edge Pro is any indication... Getting a no-tuner Ibanez 7-string neck would be an after-market only, custom job, for sure..
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-01-2003, 06:20 PM

Reviews: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by toshiro
I have yet to see an actual 7 String OFR, lots of licenced but none with 'Floyd Rose' in bold on it, so I doubt they'll make a Speed-loader 7
according to GMW guitarworks (a jackson custom shop) , there is an OFR 7 string trem. I found this out while pricing my custom. I have not seen a picture but it does exist and probably in very small quantities to only certain guitar makers.
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-02-2003, 08:58 PM

I have a picture of the 7-string Original Floyd Rose. I was in utter shock when I found it, too...
I don't have a picture host, though - if someone wants me to send it to host/post, let me know.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-05-2003, 05:29 AM

I have some extra space on my website, if you want.. And I really wanna see a pic of this... I'd heard of GMW using a 7 string OFR, but all the pictures of it I've seen have been grainy and/or very small.. I will say one thing, I've never seen an OFR7 on any order sheets from Floyd Rose, so your average dealer can't get them...

So, if you want to, go ahead and email me that pic, email addy should be linked in the forum script somewhere..
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-08-2003, 05:31 AM

Okay, thanks Steve for the photo..

Here it is, the 7 string OFR:

Very interesting, especially the bass-side knife edge.. Sorta Gotoh-ish..

Too bad these don't seem to be available to everyone, though Floyd Rose is using a new distribution network, looks like he's finally breaking free of Fender, or they gave him is own Division..

Imagine the Carvin 7's with these instead of that TRS thing(as one of the only 25.5" scale guitars from them, that would be a plus to me).. [/img]
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-08-2003, 03:05 PM

Amen on the Carvin 7's, it'd make them actually worth looking into.

-D
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-08-2003, 11:15 PM

The one straight edge mod is an advantage, for sure - one thing they've got right, even on the TRS trems. It allows for the slight variation in exact center-to-center placement of the studs, while still positioning off of the one rounded one - like the beloved Edge family of trems. =]
I nearly fell out of my seat when I found that pic - I had always wished that Floyd had done a 7-string version of the OFR. I'd like to hear what it sounds like, as well as tuning stability (which is, set up properly, just fine).
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-09-2003, 09:38 PM

Try even finding a 7-string with a plain ol' Edge trem on it
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-09-2003, 09:47 PM

... you mean, as opposed to a LoPro Edge?

Tags
custom shop , edge trem , edge trems , floyd rose , jackson custom shop , pro edge , trs trems

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

People searched for this, also searched for these:

which is better speedloader, lo pro

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode