Starfield Cabriolet (Japan) Value?? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-15-2013, 06:36 PM Thread Starter

Question Starfield Cabriolet (Japan) Value??

Hello all,

I'm new here, this is my first post. I'm a proud owner of a Jem7VWH with the ebony fretboard.

Anyway, when I was a kid, before I could afford the cool stuff, I used to drool over the Starfield display at my local music store. Then when I actually started working at that music store a few years later, the Starfields were gone, BUT, one of the managers that had been there forever bought one, and used to bring it in to Jam on during our breaks and down time. I've always wanted one since then.

I recently came across a Starfield Cabriolet SJ (Japan model) in amazing condition, green (my favorite color) curled maple top with Duncan pups. The only downside is that the seller is asking close to $2000 for it, and I have seen American Altairs and custom shop guitars going for around $700.

I'm wondering what makes this guitar so special? Are they even WORTH that much? I've always wanted one, but I don't want to get fleeced in the process. Just wondering what the consensus of opinions would be around here.

Thanks...

~Six
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-15-2013, 06:57 PM

Re: Starfield Cabriolet (Japan) Value??

2k is too much, in my opinion.

They are rare, and for all I know there might be buyers who think 2k is a decent price. 2k USD over here is not that much for a guitar.

Maybe mr Magnus catch this thread, he is (was?) a fan of the Starfield guitars, and would probably know more about their current value.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-15-2013, 07:01 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Euphor View Post
2k is too much, in my opinion.

They are rare, and for all I know there might be buyers who think 2k is a decent price. 2k USD over here is not that much for a guitar.

Maybe mr Magnus catch this thread, he is (was?) a fan of the Starfield guitars, and would probably know more about their current value.
Thanks Euphor. I agree, I feel it's too much as well. Hopefully Magnus will see this and offer his opinion.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-15-2013, 07:11 PM

You might be able to reach him through his website. Not seen him around here lately. http://magnusolsson.com/ Worth a shot. He's a nice guy, so he might be able to help.

Tags
cabriolet , starfield

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode