steinberger trans-trem guitars are back - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-07-2004, 08:00 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 1
steinberger trans-trem guitars are back

I was on music-yo and they are advertising (but sold out) 2 new steinberger models with the trans-trem. I was wondering if any of you have experience with the trans-trem and what your opinions of it are.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-08-2004, 03:09 AM

MusicYo has been distributing new TransTrem-equipped guitars off and on for the past couple of years.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-08-2004, 07:05 AM

from what I've read and heard, they are friggin amazing!
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-08-2004, 07:20 AM

I have played an original steinberger and a music yo next to each other. They feel pratically the same but sound quite different. The new ones sound more 'woody' and 'orgainic' compared to the old ones, Its because of the blend they use on the necks. THe older ones are stiffere and really bright, I prefer that in a guitar but some people don't

The transtrem that you ask about feels the best!! it has bearings and is really smooth the tuning stability is good too. You need to know how one works to set them up though otherwise you are going to have a out of tune peice of crap I have heard they can be quite weak but I think music yo has a life time warranty that should cover it????

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-08-2004, 08:47 AM Thread Starter

Reviews: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaijem777
MusicYo has been distributing new TransTrem-equipped guitars off and on for the past couple of years.
that couldnt have been too recently. I've been frequenting music yo for about a year now and havent seen them.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-08-2004, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by btweensunandmoon
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaijem777
that couldnt have been too recently. I've been frequenting music yo for about a year now and havent seen them.
they have had them for quite a while.

I think they have their date of release at www.steinbergerworld.com
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-08-2004, 04:41 PM

I gotta get the double necked guitar, bass on one, guitar neck on the other.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-08-2004, 05:38 PM

I'm a Steinberger player, but not with the TransTrem.

Where's Babahi? He's got like 1000 TransTrem-equipped Steinbergers!
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-09-2004, 12:49 AM

Hi there, here I am!

I wish I had a thousand -- unfortunately I'm only at 16 original graphite Steinbergers. All but 2 of them have Transtrems.

By far, the best are the Kleins and the GS model. They outplay (and out-sound) any guitar I have ever played, bar none. The other graphite Steinbergers are also amazing, but those aforementioned ones are pure guitar nirvana.

It should be pointed out that the bass and guitar in one model is a Spirit, which has a wooden neck and is made in Korea. Hence the low price.

The TransTrems are nothing short of amazing, but only if you actually have an application for it. It would be like buying a capo for your guitar when you didn't need one. I use it for a lot of jazz stuff, my personal application. Just think; you can play "The Big Money" from Rush without a capo!

To correct some misinformation, MusicYo has only been distributing them for fourteen months, and never did before -- not on and off and not for a couple of years.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-09-2004, 10:00 AM

As recently as December, MusicYo was not offering the TransTrem models. This has already been discussed in another thread. Something about the parts not being available. Apparently, they have access to the parts again. This would by the reasoning behind the "off and on" comment.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-11-2004, 03:06 AM

Ok, I see what you mean; you meant availability and not distributing. But whatever, the Transtrems are presently unavailable, althought they are still "officially" Steinberg (and TransTrem) distributors. Interesting to see waht happens this year when the TransTrem patent expires. I wonder if anybody will pick up the ball? They could only renew the patent if they made changes to it, hopefully resulting in a better TTrem.

Tags
double neck , equipped guitar

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode