Steve Vais Crossroads strat - Page 4 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #46 of 52 (permalink) Old 10-14-2002, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by www jcguitars com
I know that it would be very difficult for any of you to realize the possibility that some one owns a "Vai owned guitar".
Actually, i can think of one guy on the forum who owns two. One's "red lace," and i'm not sure, but i think the other might be "neville." And god only knows what Rich has... i know he has/had one of JS's own rainbows for a bit, and just aquired the alder-bodied ibanez us custom shop js prototype. And i know a few of petrucci's own ibanez's were mentioned around here, after he auctioned them off, but i can't recall if anyone actually bought one. The upshot is, we know these things are out there. You may have misread the thread, but i think what you're being called out on here is, as far as vai guitars go, this one's pretty incidental, and not really worth bothering with compared to, say, one of the ones vai's taken on tour with him for the last couple years.

Anyway, the point remains- guitars with specs like this aren't that uncommon- if you want to sell it as a "vai" guitar, you need more documentation than a pic or two.

-Drew
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 52 (permalink) Old 10-14-2002, 07:42 PM

Umm..yeah. That would be Roland, whom I'd mentioned 3 posts ago Lucky bastard! LOL
post #48 of 52 (permalink) Old 10-14-2002, 08:02 PM
Vendor

Alex Lo also owns 2 of Stevies. And yes, you need a little more documentation than a picture [that isn't even the same as the guitar]
post #49 of 52 (permalink) Old 10-14-2002, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich
Alex Lo also owns 2 of Stevies......
mmm that's new to me. anyone knows more?
post #50 of 52 (permalink) Old 10-14-2002, 08:54 PM
Vendor

Purple Lace RG he bought from Glen and the Despagni Lightining Bolt that Steve sold on ebay.
post #51 of 52 (permalink) Old 10-14-2002, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich
Purple Lace RG he bought from Glen and the Despagni Lightining Bolt that Steve sold on ebay.
as always...thanks for the info, Rich.

....now I didn't know Glen had a SSV guitar.....
post #52 of 52 (permalink) Old 10-14-2002, 11:55 PM Thread Starter

Purple lace? Whats up with that never even heard of it. Anyone got a link to a pic??????

Tags
angled jack , custom shop , darren wilson , eric johnson , flamed maple , fret board , headstock shape , jack butler , jackson custom shop , jackson soloist , les paul , maple fret , maple fretboard , neck pickup , pointy headstock , randy rhoads , steve vai , strat style , strat style guitar , string tree , truss rod , truss rod cover

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode