Stolen Guitar Alert - NYC area - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-31-2002, 03:47 AM Thread Starter

Stolen Guitar Alert - NYC area

I'm posting this information as a favor to a close friend of mine whose three main guitars were stolen last night. As the message says, there is a reward of cash and free studio time (he's the owner of a pro-level studio in the Long Island, NY area.) Should anyone in the area come across these instruments, please contact myself or Adam at the e-mail listed. Thank you.
-----------------------------------------------------------

The following three guitars were stolen in downtown Manhattan after a live concert performance during the early morning hours of Friday, 8/30/02. IF FOUND, THERE WILL BE A VERY SIGNIFICANT CASH REWARD AND FREE STUDIO TIME GIVEN TO THE PERSON WHO RETURNS THE GUITARS OR PROVIDES INFORMATION LEADING TO THE FINDING OF ANYONE IN POSSESSION OF THE GUITARS, NO QUESTIONS ASKED.

I know chain e-mails stink, but please forward this e-mail to all of your friends in the musician community. If you play in a band that rehearses at a public rehearsal studio, it would be great if you could print and post this
e-mail on any public bulletin boards.

THREE STOLEN GUITARS:
---------------------

1. Gibson Les Paul Standard. Cherry Sunburst, big paint blemish on rear of guitar, missing tuning peg on 3rd string. Brown Gibson hard case with pink inlay. I've had this guitar 11 years, therefore an EXTREMELY HIGH CASH AWARD is being offered for the return of this guitar.

2. 1972 Gibson Les Paul Recording. Brown with black pickguard and black Gibson low-impedance pickups. Four knobs and two toggle switches. Black hard case. THIS IS A VERY RARE GUITAR, IF YOU ACTUALLY CAN FIND ONE, CHANCES ARE IT IS MINE.

3. Fender American Stratocaster. Orange/red sunburst with white pickguard and pearl inlay. Two single coil and one humbucker pickup. Black Fender hard case.

Thank you for your time.

CONTACT: ADAM PARNESS, 631-921-0117, [email protected], anytime day or evening.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-31-2002, 12:04 PM

I talked to Adam this morning, and got a little more info for those up for the hunt.

-On the Standard: 3rd tuning peg is missing. Big blemish (in paint) on rear-right of guitar. Some surface scratches.

-On the '72: extremely rare recording model. One knob says "DECADE". 3-way toggle back by the volume knobs labeled "TONE".

Stolen from outside a restaurant on Mulberry Street (in Manhattan).

Serial numbers to follow.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-31-2002, 01:08 PM

that sucks BIG TIME!!!!

I'll keep my eyes peeled around my area.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-06-2002, 04:05 PM

Just a tip...tell your buddy to attend the NYC guitar show next weekend on both days and keep a look out. If it is not there at a booth, it will most likely walk in the door.

Tags
black pickguard , gibson les paul , gibson les paul standard , les paul , les paul standard , toggle switch , volume knobs , white pickguard

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode