Strange Charvel... - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-22-2011, 03:00 PM Thread Starter

Question Strange Charvel...

Hello folks!
The school I'm attending owns two electric guitars. One of them is a Epi Les Paul , but sadly over the last year no one cared for her and the strings are probably 1 1/2+years old. The other one is an old Charvel Superstrat, which spent the last year in the clost with the tremolo sunk in the body. It has a bolt on neck with a neck joint angled towards the front of the body and a cast neck plate. It is red, has a rosewood fingerboard with dots, an Jackson style headstock with Charvel logo and a locking nut. It uses a recessed single locking floyd rose style trem. Now the strange part, it has two bridge pickups. They are two single coils , slightly angled like a strat, but if you don't look closely it seems like a humbucker. It also features a neck single coil pickup.

Could you please tell me what model it is and how much it worth is?
I may have a chance to get it, since I am the first one to actually care about it. You should have seen the look on our guitar teacher's face, when I showed it to him, with a fresh set of strings, perfectly set up, playin' some METAL.

I know, that this is an Ibanez forum, but hey some people may know something, since lately some threads about Charvels popped up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-22-2011, 03:15 PM

Reviews: 14
Re: Strange Charvel...

any pics?

Last edited by here.choo; 09-22-2011 at 03:37 PM.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-22-2011, 03:18 PM

Reviews: 17

Sounds like a Jake E. Lee strat :S
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-23-2011, 10:08 AM Thread Starter

Sorry no pics yet. I can post some on monday since the weekend just started and we can't get in school. Btw. it doesnt have a standard strat body. It's sharper and has spikier horns. I looked at some pics of the guitar mentioned above. Definately not. But thanks for the efforts
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-23-2011, 10:33 AM

Is it a Fusion Special like this -

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-23-2011, 10:56 AM Thread Starter

Thanks, I just figured it out by searchin "Charvel" in Google image search for an hour...DAMN WASTED TIME. Do you know if it is good quality? Also if I can score it i would change the trem to a double locking one. Any suggestion that may fit?
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-23-2011, 11:57 AM

Reviews: 1

worked on one of those once, great guitar! worked on a green one for a customer, swapped out chrome floyd rose for a gold speedloader. Fortunately, i was able to spare it from being cut up. Plays a LOT better now :-)

Tags
bolt-on , charvel , s-s-s , single-locking

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode