Strat on Boy from Seattle? - And amp too? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-01-2002, 03:07 PM Thread Starter

Strat on Boy from Seattle? - And amp too?

Does anyone know the details of the strat (model, pickups) that Vai played on Boy From Seattle? *This is my holy grail of clean tones, so any info about the amps/fx used would be much appreciated also. *Was it his Bogner Ecstacy 101b? *I just bought an Egnater TOL 100 that should be close enough to the Bogner for me, but damn! *I have been thinking of picking up a strat for a long time, this tone may just push me over the edge. *mojo, you know.

Tender surrender info would be appreciated also. *I believe that was a Jem, correct?

(Edited by ashlock at 5:10 pm on Mar. 1, 2002)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-01-2002, 03:31 PM

Strat on Boy from Seattle?

It's a JEM man!!!!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-01-2002, 04:05 PM Thread Starter

Uh-huh, sure, rock on dude. *

http://www.djnoble.demon.co.uk/ints/STEVEVA.IO0.html

(Edited by ashlock at 6:06 pm on Mar. 1, 2002)
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-01-2002, 04:13 PM Thread Starter

found a little more info

http://www.djnoble.demon.co.uk/ints/STEVEVA.IIN.html
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-01-2002, 05:25 PM

Ashlock, do you have the Alien Love Secrets DVD? *If so, listen to the commentary track - he talks all about it there. *Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I think he said he used a Made In Mexico Strat that he found in a guitar shop that just sounded awesome. *I'll have to rewatch that DVD in commentary mode again. *He is so funny throughout that whole thing. *

Later,
G
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-01-2002, 05:45 PM Thread Starter

I don't have it, but this is a good excuse to buy it, thanks for the info. *The articles above mention a Japanese strat, with all strings tuned down a whole step. off to evilbay...
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-01-2002, 07:59 PM

It says Japanes strat on the ALS DVD. Same as the link to the article. Kinda funny to cause so many people here in Japan are under the impression they always have to have a US model for it to be authentic.

Tags
bogner ecstacy , clean tone , egnater tol , guitar shop

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode