stratocaster neck on old 87 rg550 body pre aanj - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-23-2010, 10:50 AM Thread Starter

stratocaster neck on old 87 rg550 body pre aanj

Hi guys, this is my firts post and my first ibanez project. iv'e bought an old rg 550 body with original pickguard and an old original edge trem. i own a mighty mite 22 frets stratocaster neck with compound radius 9,5-12, unused and bought for others projects never completed. i'm thinking to put this neck the rg body and putting some locking tuners and a graphtech nut instead of a locking nut. i'm not plannig to aubse the edge tremolo like steve vai i play vith a normal use of the tremolo, like gilmour and i like the idea of a full floating trem. it's possbile what i'm planning or is my total madness? another question, i have to buy also some new pickups but i'm very in trouble, i'm a seymour duncan guy and i dont' really like so much dimarzios however i see that 95% of ibanez possessors put this brand on their guitars and i think there could be a motivation for this popular choice. sincerely i've thought to a seymour jb that's one of my favorites in the brigde ond a p90 phat cat in the neck without middle single coil. i'd like to hear som advice from you about my ideas. sorry for my bad english, i write from italy. thank to everyone in advance :-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-23-2010, 10:55 AM

Re: stratocaster neck on old 87 rg550 body pre aanj

Original Fender Strat heels are 100% compatible with the non-aanj Ibanez neck pocket. Enjoy!

As for pickups, put in whatever sounds best *to you*.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-23-2010, 11:34 AM

Make sure to post photos of this beast.
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-24-2010, 09:00 AM

Reviews: 34

Seymours work fine on Ibanez as do Bare Knuckle and a host of other makes.

Sounds like a great project. Good luck!
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-24-2010, 12:40 PM Thread Starter

thanks guys for your answers, yes when possible i put some photos of this frankenstein for the pup question i'm thinking also to the only dimarzio that i think could be good for my tastes on bridge. noone has a super 2 in the bridge position? sincerely i don't really like super bass and midrange focused pickups like super distortion, for me are muddy, i only own a dp 100 in a squier 51 (basswood body) but it's too muddy for me compared to the jb that i have on my mim strat that is more cleaner and brighter. i'm thinking also to super 2 because equalization is very similar to the jb watching dimarzio and seymour websites.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-31-2010, 10:11 PM Thread Starter

this is the idea that i have in my mind. at the moment the guitar is to the luthier to be completed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rg strat.jpg (96.1 KB, 0 views)
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-01-2010, 12:09 AM

I did the opposite for a while...RG565 Neck on a Warmoth Strat Body...never could get the low Ibanez Action I wanted w/the OFR vs. Edge so I parted it and am putting together the RG565 Neck w/a RG550 Body and an Edge.

Good luck w/your project! While I hope you love your project and that it becomes your #1 Guitar...should you EVER decide to sell that body...pls let me know, as it appears to be Laser Blue and would go PERFECTLY w/my RG565 Neck.

Last edited by muttznmongrelz; 04-01-2010 at 12:14 AM.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-01-2010, 10:12 AM Thread Starter

very cool project, i adore frankenstein guitars, probably also i will not have low action with my new monster but i am principally a strat player it's not a problem for me to have an high action and i dont' play very fast musical styles that need this feature for me the problem, and this is the reason why i've put the strat neck on a rg body, is that in my life i always played neck with 9,5 radius and also 7,25 boards and very flatter radiuses like ibanez or jackson are not my cup of tea especially for chording work
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-01-2010, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brozio77 View Post
very cool project, i adore frankenstein guitars, probably also i will not have low action with my new monster but i am principally a strat player it's not a problem for me to have an high action and i dont' play very fast musical styles that need this feature for me the problem, and this is the reason why i've put the strat neck on a rg body, is that in my life i always played neck with 9,5 radius and also 7,25 boards and very flatter radiuses like ibanez or jackson are not my cup of tea especially for chording work
Sounds like it should work out perfectly for you then. Looking fwd to seeing her completed.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-01-2010, 03:19 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by muttznmongrelz View Post
Sounds like it should work out perfectly for you then. Looking fwd to seeing her completed.
i hope so, and i hope that there aren't problems with the radius of the edge brigde, the mighty mite neck is a compound radius 9,5-12 i think that the guitar will be completed after easter

Tags
strat neck on old rg

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

People searched for this, also searched for these:

used hm strat
mij strat
strat mod
RG strat

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode