Streetwise USA Custom update - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-10-2008, 12:34 AM Thread Starter

Reviews: 2
Streetwise USA Custom update

I posted this in my original thread,but I guess it flew a little under the radar there. I got the "reliced" Streetwise guitar out of the shop Saturday.....much quicker than I had anticipated. Well,they did a really nice job getting it up and running again. The action is great....comparable to the 770DX I had,which is saying alot. The EVO in the bridge sounds awesome too. This is the first guitar I've had that has one......but not the last. I know they're a love it or hate it kind of thing,but I love them. Overall I'm really excited about this one!!

By uberthrall

By uberthrall

By uberthrall
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-10-2008, 01:45 AM
bdk

Re: Streetwise USA Custom update

Quote:
Originally Posted by uberthrall View Post
I posted this in my original thread,but I guess it flew a little under the radar there. I got the "reliced" Streetwise guitar out of the shop Saturday.....much quicker than I had anticipated. Well,they did a really nice job getting it up and running again. The action is great....comparable to the 770DX I had,which is saying alot. The EVO in the bridge sounds awesome too. This is the first guitar I've had that has one......but not the last. I know they're a love it or hate it kind of thing,but I love them. Overall I'm really excited about this one!!
Hey nice job man. You have a ton of guitars, let me ask you, why is it that my 770dx action is so much better than say... my S540LTD, or my other ibanezes? It's really weird. That guitar just friggin rocks.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-10-2008, 01:58 AM

Reviews: 4

Looks like the did a hell of a job and it cleaned up real nice as well...I love Evo's, I definitely swear by them, I have Evo's in both of my RG's...I say put on the knobs and switch tip, the colors can't be too far off...

Last edited by LordGrendel; 03-10-2008 at 02:06 AM.
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-10-2008, 02:02 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdk View Post
let me ask you, why is it that my 770dx action is so much better than say... my S540LTD, or my other ibanezes? It's really weird. That guitar just friggin rocks.

You know I honestly don't know,but it seems....to me at least quite true. This one here seems to be based on the 770....pup configuration aside. It just appears to me that there is a noticable difference. I just snagged a 90 RG-760 last night. I'm definitely interested on seeing how it compares to this one in terms of the action.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-10-2008, 02:12 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGrendel View Post
Looks like the did a hell of a job and it cleaned up real nice as well...I love Evo's, I definitely swear by them, I have Evo's in both of my RG's...I say put on the knobs and switch tip, the colors can't be to far off...
Yeah it came out very nice. I actually like the stock V series pups in the 550s,I don't think I'd swap the ones in my DY 550,but on my 565,RBM,or most any other Ibby,I'd definitely do it.

As for the knobs,I had to have them swap out the volume pot...I had them throw in a 500k,the pole is just a little too big for the green ones I have. The ones that came with this one are "nobease" knobs.....I really like em. I hear they make/made colored ones. I got a friend on another forum that just took off a pair of yellow ones.......I'm gonna see if I can make a deal with him for them.......they'll either look really good or really bad....LOL!!
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-10-2008, 05:50 AM
bdk

Quote:
You know I honestly don't know,but it seems....to me at least quite true. This one here seems to be based on the 770....pup configuration aside. It just appears to me that there is a noticable difference. I just snagged a 90 RG-760 last night. I'm definitely interested on seeing how it compares to this one in terms of the action.
Yeah man let us know. I swear my 770dx has better action than any guitar I've ever played. Absolutely zero fret buzz. Simply an amazing guitar. Only negative: trying to find a red single coil pickup. I'm planning on dumping the IBZ USA's in there. A lot of people say they're good, I'm not into them.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-10-2008, 05:58 AM

yeah, my 770dxvm is crazy, too. nothing i own plays quite like it. the closest thing is my rg520qs, but those are 2 different animals. my best guitar is my rgt3120, but that is also a different animal as well. unfortunately, the rg770dx has set a precedent for most of the guitars i have owned are judged.

rich
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-10-2008, 07:36 AM

hot babe! can you plz shot the body close-up leaving your yard out of the shot? thanks
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-10-2008, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuno View Post
hot babe! can you plz shot the body close-up leaving your yard out of the shot? thanks
Agreed, Uber do some yard work
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-10-2008, 10:19 AM

Reviews: 3

cleaned up very nice.
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-10-2008, 11:16 AM

Reviews: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuno View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicDebris View Post
...Man you guys have nothing better to do than worry about his yard, he's too busy taking care of all of his awesome guitars!!
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-10-2008, 12:06 PM

That cleaned up really nicely, what a nice axe! Now that it's up to shape, how's it play? Any issues with the bridge or tuners?
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-10-2008, 01:37 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicDebris View Post

Oh man...lol! I snapped these pics in the middle of a rainstorm that lasted all day and gave us 3 inches of rain. Between that and the foot of snow that got melted as result......trust me,NOBODY'S yard's looking good around here!!
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-10-2008, 02:19 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kspeed View Post
That cleaned up really nicely, what a nice axe! Now that it's up to shape, how's it play? Any issues with the bridge or tuners?

Thanks man....as I mentioned earlier,it plays so good,it's scary. It holds tuning just fine....as for the trem,other than the cosmo finish being almost completely worn off,it's pretty much issue free.....aside from one thing I just noticed last night. On the low E the part that goes in horizontally (don't know what it's called....doh!!) sticks out just beyond the recessed area,limiting how far I can pull up. Anybody know if I could bring it forward without running the risk of screwing things up?
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-10-2008, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Thanks man....as I mentioned earlier,it plays so good,it's scary. It holds tuning just fine....as for the trem,other than the cosmo finish being almost completely worn off,it's pretty much issue free.....aside from one thing I just noticed last night. On the low E the part that goes in horizontally (don't know what it's called....doh!!) sticks out just beyond the recessed area,limiting how far I can pull up. Anybody know if I could bring it forward without running the risk of screwing things up?
Are you talking about the allen-headed stud that locks the string into the bridge? I had this problem with a custom body that had the cavity routed too small for a string that had the intonation set so that the saddle was moved quite far back.

To 'fix' it, I cut about 1/16" off the end of the stud (the end that fits into the hole of the saddle block) with a Dremel tool and a cutoff disk. I also filed the first couple of threads off the stud to ensure that there was a long enough tapered section to fit into the saddle block. I then cleaned up the threads with a M4 x .7mm die to make sure it threaded into the bridge properly.

Tags
coil pickup , fret buzz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode