Stupid Guitar Shop - Pullin' In Those Customers lol - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-22-2002, 10:57 AM Thread Starter

Stupid Guitar Shop - Pullin' In Those Customers lol

I was driving past one of my local guitar shops, and noticed the sign out front said "PRS Santana Model Now In Stock!"

Some people need a life. *lol *They don't sell any Ibanez gear at all, but have a nice selection of Washburn and Yamaha, among a few others I can't remember, and a nice acoustic section. *
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-22-2002, 11:07 AM

Stupid Guitar Shop

I don't get it....what's your point? * They have the PRS Santana models? *
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-22-2002, 11:31 AM

Stupid Guitar Shop

And who needs a life more, the store that puts up such a sign, or the guy who has nothing better to do than post about it in an internet forum? (or the guys who REPLY to the post...) *;-)
post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-22-2002, 01:34 PM

Stupid Guitar Shop

was it the one of the higher end models or the cheap ones? if one of the good ones, i don't see anything wrong with advertising it, but if a low end then i see your point
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-22-2002, 01:50 PM

Stupid Guitar Shop

Lemme guess they also carried a huge stock of Crate, Peavy, and Samick gear...

Gabe
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-22-2002, 01:55 PM

Stupid Guitar Shop

I'm sure that the store was most likely advertising the Psuedo-PRS "Santana" import models. *But...so what? * Stores advertise. *That's how the sell things. *"Santana" and "PRS" are brands/names that are highly-recognized and tend to sell product. *

Again: *Where's the point of this post in the first place? *So what? *A store advertised something. *
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-22-2002, 02:05 PM
Vendor

Stupid Guitar Shop

JS1000BTB's NOW IN STOCK!!!

Just though I'd do a little advertising and see how it works. :thumbsup:
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-22-2002, 02:21 PM

Reviews: 3
Stupid Guitar Shop

RAMEN NOODLES NOW IN STOCK!!!
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-22-2002, 05:10 PM Thread Starter

Stupid Guitar Shop

I'm assuming it's the cheapo ones. *Yeah, they have a lot of Crate and Peavey, can't remember much Samick though. *lol *I've been in there twice. *Once to buy my Korg AX-1G, and once to see a demonstration of Digitech, Johnson, and Washburn gear. *The demonstration was cool. *

As for the point of this thread, there really isn't one, I was bored, and thought I'd comment on the fact that cheap guitars are currently the trend.
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-22-2002, 05:44 PM

Stupid Guitar Shop

I think that cheap guitars have ALWAYS been the trend for those that can't afford high-end guitars. *
Don't know if that qualifies as a trend or not-there will always be a market for cheap import models.
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-22-2002, 11:10 PM

Stupid Guitar Shop

I'm just glad that kids are interested in playing guitar again, and there's a market there for quality entry-level instruments.

Hell, i'm toying with getting a fixed-bridge set-neck guitar, and the Santana SE is a pretty damn nice guitar for the money.

Dunno what the big deal is. There are other guitars than Ibanez.

post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-23-2002, 12:19 PM

Stupid Guitar Shop

At least it says Santana on the headstock.. Ever see the Tremonti PRS?

MARC TREMONTI in blazing letters across the 12th fret inlay. Gorgeous guitar, but I really don't want some dude's whole name written on my fretboard. Every time I played anything around the middle of the neck, I'd be afraid I'd start transitioning into "Cannn you takkkkkeeee meeee HIIIII-YAAAAAGHHHH!".. I wonder what it would cost to have that inlay removed and replaced with "John Petrucci"..

(Tremonti's a great guitarist and all, but Scott Creed's such a rotten bastard... )
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-23-2002, 02:22 PM Thread Starter

Stupid Guitar Shop

I agree, I don't like names on signature guitars, which is why I like the JEM (among many other obvious reasons ). *

I also thought of something else: *The Santana craze was how long ago? *Why are they suddenly getting these guitars, meant for "people who want to sound like Santana, but don't have the money", out now?
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-23-2002, 03:03 PM

Stupid Guitar Shop

hey two hands..you may be too young (i'm only 22 tough) but the santana craze began a little before than the duet with rob thomas. about woodstock maybe?
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-23-2002, 03:33 PM Thread Starter

Stupid Guitar Shop

lol *I'm 17, but I'm not completely ignorant of the past. *Yes, I know, Santana's been around for a long long time, but I mean the recent re-popularization with a majority of people around the age that would be most likely to pick up guitar. *

Tags
flamed maple , fret inlay , guitar shop , john petrucci , local guitar shop , music store , playing guitar , prs guitar , prs guitars , quilted maple , signature guitar

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode