Are Suhr THAT good? - Page 3 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 151 (permalink) Old 03-12-2008, 12:07 PM

Re: Are Suhr THAT good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOrangeChannel View Post

Do ANY of these makers listed match the resonant frequency of body woods and neck woods when building a guitar? NO. Suhr's got the patent on that...
That makes no sense what so ever. You can match the wood, but you can't patent it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 151 (permalink) Old 03-12-2008, 12:12 PM

Reviews: 10
Cool Re: Are Suhr THAT good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannymills View Post
This random speculation, gleaned from a few minuites playing time IF that, sure does make me doubt the multitude of owners on here and everywhere else who a) say they are as awesome as you claim them not to be and b) have bought another, despite the very, very high price, because they are THAT good.
a) I don't like you so do not quote my posts I have no interest in discussing anything with a 20 year old with "Grandeur deliriums"

b)I claimed nothing I stated an opinion. You may want to take a look at your reading comprehension skills genius!

c)So just because you overpaid for a Suhr I have to believe they're "awesome" well, let me see...wrong! FYI: I took one home to see what the hype was all about, after a few days I realized it was a good playing/nicely crafted guitar but I just could not justify the price tag, so I returned it.

d)I added you back to my ignore list so you can argue with yourself all you want!
post #33 of 151 (permalink) Old 03-12-2008, 12:16 PM

Reviews: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibanez249 View Post
That is very true Paul.

It took me a long time to warm to PRS guitars actually and I'll most likely end up with one soon. It seems to me like the folk that used to trumpet them have shifted over to the Suhr/Anderson camp.

Just ignore me, I'm behind the curve lol
You should not compare Suhr to PRS or even Ibanez. PRS quality control is down under at the moment.
I have lots of students buying PRS's and lately the quality is not what you would expect from a guitar with that price tag.
post #34 of 151 (permalink) Old 03-12-2008, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank View Post
You should not compare Suhr to PRS or even Ibanez. PRS quality control is down under at the moment.
I have lots of students buying PRS's and lately the quality is not what you would expect from a guitar with that price tag.
Who is comparing Suhr to PRS? I compared their fanbase.
post #35 of 151 (permalink) Old 03-12-2008, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IbanezNorthwest View Post
The Blue ones are flat..... the burst is a carved top.

So Ayrtons eyes weren't deceiving him. Thanks for the info

~Bones

Last edited by screamndemon69; 03-12-2008 at 02:24 PM.
post #36 of 151 (permalink) Old 03-12-2008, 03:15 PM
Eco

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLIE_ROCKS_THE_80'S View Post
a) I don't like you so do not quote my posts I have no interest in discussing anything with a 20 year old with "Grandeur deliriums"

b)I claimed nothing I stated an opinion. You may want to take a look at your reading comprehension skills genius!

c)So just because you overpaid for a Suhr I have to believe they're "awesome" well, let me see...wrong! FYI: I took one home to see what the hype was all about, after a few days I realized it was a good playing/nicely crafted guitar but I just could not justify the price tag, so I returned it.

d)I added you back to my ignore list so you can argue with yourself all you want!
^^^This is the most Juvenile post i've ever read on this forum.

On topic, i've played a Suhr once and it was a great guitar, build quality was like nothing i'd seen. Price wise they're a bit out of my league, i wouldnt really like the idea of taking it to gigs and what not.

Probably some of the nicest looking guitars around right now.
post #37 of 151 (permalink) Old 03-12-2008, 03:16 PM

Reviews: 1

I'd love to try one, they are gorgeous instruments.
post #38 of 151 (permalink) Old 03-12-2008, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eco View Post
^^^This is the most Juvenile post i've ever read on this forum.
I think I've seen worse but point taken, it should have been a PM rather than publicly written.

I agree with your idea about being afraid to use a high end guitar like that onstage and it is definitely out of my league for the most part due to price anyway so it works out in the end. I'm trying to pull my sh!t together so I can call Rich for one of his JS1200's and before that a nice pristine RG3520z-hbk, those are more in my price range for guitars I would actually not feel uncomfortable about using at shows.

Those tops are the sheeeeet!!! VERY nice.

You guys surely are a wealth of info on guitar in general and I love to learn about unfamiliar guitars like Suhrs. Thanks for sharing pics and opinions.

~Bones
post #39 of 151 (permalink) Old 03-12-2008, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by screamndemon69 View Post
I think I've seen worse but point taken, it should have been a PM rather than publicly written.

I agree with your idea about being afraid to use a high end guitar like that onstage and it is definitely out of my league for the most part due to price anyway so it works out in the end. I'm trying to pull my sh!t together so I can call Rich for one of his JS1200's and before that a nice pristine RG3520z-hbk, those are more in my price range for guitars I would actually not feel uncomfortable about using at shows.

Those tops are the sheeeeet!!! VERY nice.

You guys surely are a wealth of info on guitar in general and I love to learn about unfamiliar guitars like Suhrs. Thanks for sharing pics and opinions.

~Bones

any of these guys by you, todd?

http://www.suhrguitars.com/dealersUS.aspx#FL

rich
post #40 of 151 (permalink) Old 03-12-2008, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rty13ibz98 View Post
any of these guys by you, todd?

http://www.suhrguitars.com/dealersUS.aspx#FL

rich
Damn, I was just in Sarasota Monday...

I'll have to check one of these dealers out.
post #41 of 151 (permalink) Old 03-12-2008, 04:28 PM

In my experience and humble opinion, John Suhr makes the finest built and best looking (if maple floats your boat!) bolt on guitars.

The build quality on mine is flawless, the finish astounding and the playability suits me very well and I also like the pickups.

My has the RB neck shape and SSH+ bridge H/B

Somehow I've got to save enough cash to ditch my RG20th and get one of the new 24 fret Moderns - it may take some time

Obviously all is a very personal situation but I couldn't be more satisfied with mine

post #42 of 151 (permalink) Old 03-12-2008, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Warren View Post
The craftsmanship is superb. I'm on my first one now and I've owned Ibanez, Parker, Fender, Anderson, EB/MM and Gibson.
You forgot your Vigier, Paul.

As for me, I'm still looking forward to my first personal encounter with a Suhr someday. I'm not looking for one...just aching to share the admiration.
post #43 of 151 (permalink) Old 03-12-2008, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texter View Post
You forgot your Vigier, Paul.

As for me, I'm still looking forward to my first personal encounter with a Suhr someday. I'm not looking for one...just aching to share the admiration.
Ah yes. It's become my drop tuning guitar for all of my students into Killswitch, All That Remains, or SOAD, heh heh.

paul
post #44 of 151 (permalink) Old 03-12-2008, 06:17 PM

Thumbs up Re: Are Suhr THAT good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andelusion View Post

Yum yum yum!

Very very nice
post #45 of 151 (permalink) Old 03-12-2008, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Warren View Post
Ah yes. It's become my drop tuning guitar for all of my students into Killswitch, All That Remains, or SOAD, heh heh.
lol. That's just plain evil, Paul. Don't wear out the zero fret.

Tags
alder body , birdseye maple neck , custom shop , david mccarroll , doug aldrich , electric guitar , fender custom shop , gibson les paul , gibson les pauls , guthrie govan , ibanez guitars , jeff beck , john suhr , les paul , les pauls , mahogany body , maple neck , monkey grip , neck shape , playing guitar , prs guitar , prs guitars , quilted maple , rosewood fingerboard , scott henderson , sounding guitar , stainless frets , strat sound , strat style , strat tone , suhr guitars , suhr standard , super strat

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode