Suhr Modern arrived - custom finish - Page 2 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-26-2008, 04:17 PM

Re: Suhr Modern arrived - custom finish

thats super sexy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-26-2008, 04:58 PM

Fantastic Guitar - Enjoy

I've got to get another Suhr !!!! Nothing else comes close !!
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-26-2008, 05:27 PM

Gotta love Suhr guitars! Awesome guitar mate. Congrats.
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-26-2008, 07:43 PM

I have to ask, hope it hasn't been asked, do you prefer it over your Ibanez? Try and think of it with an ibanez trem though so it makes the comparison more even.
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-26-2008, 11:41 PM

I saw that on the Suhr Website..... excellent!!
post #21 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-27-2008, 12:26 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbieguitarmaker View Post
I have to ask, hope it hasn't been asked, do you prefer it over your Ibanez? Try and think of it with an ibanez trem though so it makes the comparison more even.
Let must first say that I've owned something like 17 or 18 Ibanez guitars and am still a huge Ibanez fan. So I've got years and years of positive (and some negative) experience with their high-end guitars. But, yes, I greatly prefer this and my other Suhr. To me, the only thing where my Ibanez beat this guitar is the trem. But I didn't want the double-locking trem and just wanted the Sperzels. This is a very good trem, but I think the best single locking guitar I've ever played is the JP trem. I can abuse it and hardly ever have any major tuning issues. I think that trem should be offered on other guitars it's so crazy good. But I digress. I really hate comparing guitars too much because they offer different things for different people and we all adapt to playing certain instruments because they suit us better for numerous reasons. I don't dislike any of my guitars and that's why I still have 6 Ibby's. The quality of those guitars doesn't begin to compare to my Suhrs, but I don't expect it to. I like my Ibby's for what they are and that's all that matters. Both of my Suhrs came with quality that I've never had on any instrument before and the tones I've been able to achieve have been stunning to me. I love the stainless steel frets and pickups and will definitely switch all of my guitars over to SS frets when they are in need of refretting. These guitars aren't for everybody and they aren't cheap, but the neck shapes are very comfortable for my hands and therefore they now consume about 90% of my playing time. If there is anything I could recommend, it's to go find the right guitar for you and buy it, regardless of price. Save up. It's something I wish I had done instead of buying and selling in such large numbers in the pursuit of the "right guitar". Maybe my hands will change and prefer something else down the road, but for now I just couldn't be happier with the quality and functionality of these instruments. It's really left me not caring to look for the next guitar purchase and that is a new thing for me.
post #22 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-28-2008, 07:28 PM

Congratulations Paul¡¡

Very nice guitar. The finish reminds me of the Palm Bay Cyclone P7XR current model in two tones through middle of body. I have the chance to check a new modern on a store near my city last month and sounds awesome, very diffrent to the Koa one; really nice clean sounds and really well balanced middle range tones with distortion at high gains with a sustain that seems to last forever... Congrats for the new axe¡¡¡

Cheers¡¡

Javier

Tags
aldrich , modern , suhr , suhr guitars

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode