Summer NAMM 2015 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 143 (permalink) Old 05-27-2015, 12:50 AM Thread Starter

Summer NAMM 2015

Six weeks until mid-year stuff and what small tweaks do you think Ibanez will put on their lineup?

https://www.namm.org/summer/2015
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 143 (permalink) Old 06-11-2015, 06:18 AM Thread Starter

Re: Summer NAMM 2015

Last year, summer brought us some pretty cool additions to 2014 line:

http://www.ibanezrules.com/namm/2014...er_catalog.pdf

I hope next month brings equally impressive mid-year models.

For a mid-year refreshment for the 2015 USA market Artcore line, I would like this (simple dot neck, sycamore bodied Artcore Expressionist AM83, AS83):

http://www.ibanez.co.jp/products/pag...=29&color=CL01

http://www.ibanez.co.jp/products/pag...=27&color=CL01

Last edited by 63Blazer; 07-03-2015 at 09:08 PM.
post #3 of 143 (permalink) Old 06-11-2015, 07:57 AM

Reviews: 21

Iron Label RGs with passive Dimarzio pickups?

This in the United States... just to screw around with.

Or this in a solid color.
post #4 of 143 (permalink) Old 06-15-2015, 09:55 PM

I wish they would do the RG652AHM with a fixed bridge (preferably the tight end, but I'm one of the few people who actually miss that bridge, so that won't happen). But I'm covered on floating bridges and need a few more fixed bridges as backups.

Also, could hope for a Prestige version of the FR365 (I just can't play that Indo neck no matter how nice the guitar looks), and better pickups of course (but then again Ibanez in obsessed with a Tone Zone in the bridge and I just always end up having to switch them out for an Air Zone anyway so I guess that doesn't matter so much.

Finally hopefully they will eventually do an SSS Roadcore or JS body or something with a Prestige neck, or at least the necks with the lacquer you find coming out of the Chinese factory that makes the Artcores and Artists. The lacquer on the back of the Roadcores is just not for me; plus why have a square heel joint? I play Ibanez, and only Ibanez, because of the feel of the necks that I like and the various versions of the AANJ. But I really want a 25.5 scale, 22 fret, SSS guitar for the sounds that you can only get out of that style guitar, and I was really excited about the Roadcores... until I played one
post #5 of 143 (permalink) Old 07-02-2015, 05:06 PM Thread Starter

This seems to be a sure thing for Summer NAMM:

Paul Stanley PS1 model

https://www.facebook.com/ibanezguita...90924554280700

I do expect some new finishes for Iron Label and probably a new RG or two. We have one more week to find out what midyear Ibanezes come out.
post #6 of 143 (permalink) Old 07-03-2015, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidguitar View Post
I wish they would do the RG652AHM with a fixed bridge (preferably the tight end, but I'm one of the few people who actually miss that bridge, so that won't happen). But I'm covered on floating bridges and need a few more fixed bridges as backups.

Also, could hope for a Prestige version of the FR365 (I just can't play that Indo neck no matter how nice the guitar looks), and better pickups of course (but then again Ibanez in obsessed with a Tone Zone in the bridge and I just always end up having to switch them out for an Air Zone anyway so I guess that doesn't matter so much.

Finally hopefully they will eventually do an SSS Roadcore or JS body or something with a Prestige neck, or at least the necks with the lacquer you find coming out of the Chinese factory that makes the Artcores and Artists. The lacquer on the back of the Roadcores is just not for me; plus why have a square heel joint? I play Ibanez, and only Ibanez, because of the feel of the necks that I like and the various versions of the AANJ. But I really want a 25.5 scale, 22 fret, SSS guitar for the sounds that you can only get out of that style guitar, and I was really excited about the Roadcores... until I played one
I agree on all points. The Tight End bridge is also my favorite fixed bridge too. The new Gibraltar they put on the Prestiges now just look like Gotoh's with more curves. Why not just buy a Gotoh at that point? I have one on my RG321 beater and it significantly improves the guitar.
The FR365 looks great too but it does make you think it's built cheaply too. Id' like to get a mahogany HH RG or the HH FR and dump a pair of 36th Anniversary PAF's in to get a more "classic rock" guitar
post #7 of 143 (permalink) Old 07-03-2015, 10:57 AM

I'd love and FR series with a flamed maple top, maple neck and and Edge trem.
post #8 of 143 (permalink) Old 07-03-2015, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike570 View Post
I agree on all points. The Tight End bridge is also my favorite fixed bridge too. The new Gibraltar they put on the Prestiges now just look like Gotoh's with more curves. Why not just buy a Gotoh at that point? I have one on my RG321 beater and it significantly improves the guitar.
The FR365 looks great too but it does make you think it's built cheaply too. Id' like to get a mahogany HH RG or the HH FR and dump a pair of 36th Anniversary PAF's in to get a more "classic rock" guitar
Thank you, I don't really know why they got rid of the Tight End, or just kept it on the Premiums (which is really they same thing as getting rid of them to me because I just couldn't enjoy that weird D shaped neck that they had). I think that the a certain group of people couldn't handle an Ibanez without a Edge on it and were very vocal and ended up getting it scrapped, if they put out more Prestiges with either version of the Tight End I'd buy them in a heartbeat.

I do have to say that the new Gibraltar is comfortable enough though, but not as comfortable as the Tight End, and I don't know if its just me but I do find the Tight End more ascetically pleasing.

Back to making this tread directly relevant again, you might get your with with the mahogany, there was just the RG752WMFX (which I have to pick up) that was mahogany with PAF 7s in it so a 6 string might be on the horizon. And they have been doing more mahogany in general now anyway. Have you tried the ARs?... speaking of classic rock design. Because I don't care that they are made in china and have some type of lacquer on the neck, I love the guitars that come out of the factory that does all the Artist stuff and the semi-hollows. But if not, just find yourself a not too beat up RGA121 and drop some of the 36th PAFs in there.
post #9 of 143 (permalink) Old 07-03-2015, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafafas View Post
I'd love and FR series with a flamed maple top, maple neck and and Edge trem.
I'll agree across the board (as long as they bring back a fixed bridge for me ). But I would also just be happy with them bringing back the FR2620. Ibanez has a habit of releasing a lot of guitars I want all at once or not at all. And when they are released all at once, there is only so much that I can buy at once and inevitably miss out on certain stuff that I just have to hope pops up on the used market eventually from someone who takes care of there instruments and doesn't just beat them all to hell (and thats really a crap shoot right there).
post #10 of 143 (permalink) Old 07-03-2015, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidguitar View Post
Thank you, I don't really know why they got rid of the Tight End, or just kept it on the Premiums (which is really they same thing as getting rid of them to me because I just couldn't enjoy that weird D shaped neck that they had). I think that the a certain group of people couldn't handle an Ibanez without a Edge on it and were very vocal and ended up getting it scrapped, if they put out more Prestiges with either version of the Tight End I'd buy them in a heartbeat.

I do have to say that the new Gibraltar is comfortable enough though, but not as comfortable as the Tight End, and I don't know if its just me but I do find the Tight End more ascetically pleasing.

Back to making this tread directly relevant again, you might get your with with the mahogany, there was just the RG752WMFX (which I have to pick up) that was mahogany with PAF 7s in it so a 6 string might be on the horizon. And they have been doing more mahogany in general now anyway. Have you tried the ARs?... speaking of classic rock design. Because I don't care that they are made in china and have some type of lacquer on the neck, I love the guitars that come out of the factory that does all the Artist stuff and the semi-hollows. But if not, just find yourself a not too beat up RGA121 and drop some of the 36th PAFs in there.
I'd like to get an RGA121, notably in CDR, but finding one in good conditioned used is tough, especially in the rare instances where I have money to spend.
The RGA line is another that went down the tubes. They should have kept them fixed bridge with passive pickups. I can understand making them Indo if the demand was shaky. (They came out in the worst recession in nearly a century.) But a passive option Indo RGA would have been nice.
I've been tempted to get a set of 36th PAF's and put them in my RG921 but I'd rather put them in a mahogany body guitar.
post #11 of 143 (permalink) Old 07-03-2015, 11:27 PM

Reviews: 2

I doubt there will be any new guitars this summer, but I'd bet the farm there will be price hikes.
post #12 of 143 (permalink) Old 07-04-2015, 02:26 AM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGTFanatic View Post
I doubt there will be any new guitars this summer, but I'd bet the farm there will be price hikes.
Thankfully I don't have to update any pricing files! And there are a couple new models, and an entire Line comes back for another visit.
post #13 of 143 (permalink) Old 07-04-2015, 02:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
Thankfully I don't have to update any pricing files! And there are a couple new models, and an entire Line comes back for another visit.
Talman? Power? Radius?
post #14 of 143 (permalink) Old 07-04-2015, 02:32 AM
Vendor

Damn those are extremely good guesses!
post #15 of 143 (permalink) Old 07-04-2015, 07:20 AM Thread Starter

I am thinking Talman. We have a Talman acoustic line already.

Talman, Ibanez Bigsby/Fred Gretsch licensed trem, Classic Elite or Core Tone pickups with or without Telecaster style neck pickup.

I would totally love a 540 Radius model and reissue of early non-signature Satch model.

http://www.ibanezwiki.com/display/CA...s+-+540+Series

Sure we have a few decades of being an innovator (Iceman, Artist, RG, Jem, Talman, 7 string, 8 string), but maybe we are falling victim to our great success of older models and like Fender, Gretsch, and Gibson we will have to produce classic reissue models (golden era RG550, Artist, and stuff like 540R models). It could be rehashing a few key, historical models but if that's what players want then it's good business.

Last edited by 63Blazer; 07-04-2015 at 07:31 AM.

Tags
summer namm 2015

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode