which superstrat is best "bang for the buck" - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-14-2010, 02:00 AM Thread Starter

which superstrat is best "bang for the buck"

I have a custom superstrat ordered from Reedoox (South Korean customshop), and because of that I sold my 57 reissue strat and I don't have a guitar anymore.

so I gotta find something cheap and well-built Ibanez superstrat that I could play around until the custom strat gets done.

I find the RT650 very attractive, but I can't find any of them on sale. I am looking for something with a strat-like components (like the Andy Timmons AT100), and without a floyd rose.

so can anyone tell me a link or an information on a cheap & good superstrat? I'm thinking of anything under $300...new or used as long as the frets are not extremely worn down
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-14-2010, 03:28 AM

Re: which superstrat is best "bang for the buck"

Superstrat without a "floyd rose"...
Kind of a contradiction in terms, IMO,
get a used mexican fat strat.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-14-2010, 06:19 AM

Reviews: 120

RG321, new or used should be in your price range. Hard tail, dual humbuckers.
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-14-2010, 11:08 AM

Reviews: 3

Mid 80's Roadstar, or a made in the US Peavey Predator. They are both dirt cheap and great guitars. A Roadstar will probably have better stock tuners, but the neck on the Predators is awesome. The pawnshop around the corner or craigslist probably has one or the other.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-14-2010, 07:41 PM Thread Starter

hmm I like the specs on the RG321, but I gotta have a single on the neck like the roadstar. I'll look for those two now. thanks for the great suggestions!
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-14-2010, 08:56 PM

You can setup the wiring so it does single coil on the humbucker I'm sure.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-14-2010, 11:44 PM

Used Ibanez RG 550 or 570 probably a little beat up.Give it a little love and you are in business!!
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-15-2010, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by corpraider69 View Post
Used Ibanez RG 550 or 570 probably a little beat up.Give it a little love and you are in business!!
The OP did specify a guitar with NO Floyd Rose type trem.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-15-2010, 01:05 AM

I've never heard of Reedoox, but I checked their site. The guitars look nice but are they licensed to produce Fender guitars like Warmoth? Because they are using the Fender headstock.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-15-2010, 01:44 AM

Wow no Floyd and a superstrat is like an oxymoron how bout a used Carvin dc-127 with a fixed bridge or a wilkinson.Or whats already been suggested either mim strat or the ibanez rg321.You could block the trem on something with a floyd.Or go the 7string route and get a RG7321.
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-15-2010, 02:04 AM

how bout an olp ebmm john petrucci model
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-15-2010, 12:30 PM

if its bang for the buck... it is hard to beat the rt series. but you could always by an SA series. sounds like that is the way you are steering anyway...

if you want to spend a few bills i would by the new sv series or an older used one. that sounds right up your alley...

good luck on your hunt
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-16-2010, 10:39 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gu1tar View Post
I've never heard of Reedoox, but I checked their site. The guitars look nice but are they licensed to produce Fender guitars like Warmoth? Because they are using the Fender headstock.
I don't know, and I don't care about licensing...having it licensed doesn't make it a better guitar anyway. they have their original headstock shape, which is sort of like a combination of Tom Anderson and Suhr.

and yeah I guess I'm stupid for wanting a superstrat without a floyd rose, but I'm more of a blues player...my preferences are 22~24 frets, flat radius, SSH pickup configuration, vintage style tremolo, and a droptop body, so I just call it a superstrat. I was using an Ibanez AT100, but my dumbass older sister sold it on E/bay when I was in South Korea for vacation...I should beat her up for that but she returned all the money from selling it, and it was my fault for letting her take my house key...god damnit I regret it. so I used that money to get a Carvin Nomad(great amp by the way), and order Reedoox custom strat.

I am now looking for an Ibanez RT650 but I can't find that thing anywhere...can anyone help me out?

Last edited by fender422; 05-16-2010 at 10:45 PM.

Tags
superstrat

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode