Sustain of Ibanez RG Neck THru vs LP? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-25-2007, 12:53 AM Thread Starter

Sustain of Ibanez RG Neck THru vs LP?

Hey Guys.. I love the Ibanez 320Q I think it is? Neck thru maple with mahogany wings and maple top and edge bridge.. My question is this.. Does anyone have the guitar as well as say an LP and can you tell me if the sustain is just as good? I'm worried that the Trem will kill the sustain? In the past I've had this happen with a Gibson LP that had a floyd from Gibson.. Made by Shaller.. It just didn't sustain like my LP that was just like it, with out the trem.. Not only was it not sustaining a little less, it was a lot less.. Do any of the prestige guitars have a fixed bridge and neck thru? How about with a short scale.. I'd buy one in a minute! I'm starting a new job soon and I'm buying all new equipment to start another band.. and I need one good guitar as I have two that I can use as backups.. I'm also getting a JSX amp or This cool amp that has only one channel and metal grill, and comes with Jeckyl and hide distortion pedal.. I like to play thru clean channels with pro amp distortion, etc,.. Anyway, now it's down to either and Ibanez NEck thru with or without trem, ESP eclipse standard with EMG's or I'll change out the Duncans and get a set of Dimarzio's or a Gibson V or LP Studio With AAA top maybe.. .. Any suggestions.. I like the necks on the Ibanez, but I love the sustain of the Gibson and the Eclipse ..LP type guitars.. and the light weght of the Eclipse and looks of the same.. I love the Edge trem though.. I'd give my left testicle for an S series Neck thru with that new trem if it's good.. The one with round or ball bearings that are supposed to be so good.. I have an S series 470 with a Brass two point trem like a Strat and a better neck, thicker than the typical Ibanez.. It's a 92 model and I love it! it's going to be my blues guitar.. It has some killer pups..
Sorry, the drugs from the doc are kicked in and I'm fuzzy! Thanks anyone in advance for some advise..
Tim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-25-2007, 01:38 AM

Re: Sustain of Ibanez RG Neck THru vs LP?

Any guitar with a floating trem is automatically handicapped in the sustain department in my opinion. And by that I mean it's not impossible for a guitar with a floating trem to have decent sustain, or a guitar with a fixed bridge to have ****ty sustain. But its tougher. I'll put it to you this way. The best sustain you can have in my opinion is a fixed bridge. Neck-thru MIGHT make a difference vs. a cheap set-neck, but the bridge will have a bigger impact on sustain I think.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-25-2007, 01:41 AM

just get a compressor...
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-25-2007, 07:50 AM

Well, there's always the SZ prestige. Non-trem, neck-through and 25.1 scale. Might want to consider it.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-25-2007, 09:33 AM Thread Starter

Thanks Guys.. I hate compressors because they make a ton of noise if one isn't careful and I like the sound of a raw natural sustaining guitar.. I could always get a Sustainiac or whatever that pickup is called..

Tim

Tags
amp distortion , distortion pedal , edge bridge , edge trem , fixed bridge , ibanez neck , neck thru , prestige guitar , prestige guitars

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode