sx and agile guitars? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-05-2007, 03:59 AM Thread Starter

sx and agile guitars?

anyone ever try out any guitars made by these manufacturers?

rondomusic.net

thats a site you can buy these guitars and i theyre super cheap. i want to try one out but i dont know if it would be worth it(keepin in mind i would upgrade most the hardware and such)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-05-2007, 05:28 AM

Re: sx and agile guitars?

Some of the guys I've talked to have liked their Agile Les Pauls. I'd be curious to try one, myself.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-05-2007, 07:52 AM

Sx's arent too flash
post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-05-2007, 09:47 AM
Dee

SX make surpringly good basses, apparently. There's a bass forum I check out sometimes and a lot of the guys over there speak very highly of them. Not sure about SX guitars, but I'd imagibne that they are good for the money.

Do a search for Agile, Chritar, and you'll see them mentioned a few times on here. One member recently bought the Interceptor Pro and he posted a short review and tons of pics. Looks like a sweet guitar for $600. I'd like to try one.
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-05-2007, 10:29 AM

I have owned 4 SX basses and there fantastic for the money, and so are the guitars.

They will need some tweaking out of the box, and some have said fretwork, out of the 4 basses I had only one needed fretwork and it was just a high fret, no problem.

For the money they cant be beat.. period..
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-05-2007, 11:05 AM
Dee

Yay for SX. I might try and pick up a cheap bass sometime. Occasionally I see them on the UK e-Bay.

ibanezcollector, which SX basses do you / did you own?
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-05-2007, 11:11 AM

I had 3 come to think of it

the cheapie Pbass thats the one that had a high fret
I had the jazz fretless with the bridge, pickup covers
I had the jazz with the black block inlays

I did a relic job for a guy on a SX too
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-05-2007, 11:15 AM
Dee

Nice. Love the block inlays. I love the Jazz bass, period.

Which reminds me, I'm currently torn between the Squier Vintage Modified Jazz (maple bodied one) or the Squier Deluxe Jazz Active 5-string (in Olympic White). I'm ready to buy today or maybe tomorrow and the indecision is killing me!!! I can get both for the same price.

Any suggestions? What would you do? Both look like killer basses for the money.

Last edited by Dee; 06-05-2007 at 11:25 AM.
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-05-2007, 12:38 PM
Dee

Ordered!

post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-05-2007, 12:42 PM

^^

That's a Squier bass.
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-05-2007, 01:13 PM
Dee

Yes, it is. 10/10 for observation. You get a gold star!

post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-05-2007, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee View Post
Yes, it is. 10/10 for observation. You get a gold star!

Yay!

Am I cool now?
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-05-2007, 02:25 PM

LOL Why didn't you go for the Jaco? It looks great though, I hope it plays as good as it looks! I've noticed lots of guys getting J Bass relics swap out the pickups for higher end boutique jobs, so you may be able to get some nice nder reissue pickups for it fairly cheaply off the 'Bay.
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-05-2007, 03:18 PM
Dee

I'll be replacing the bridge with a Badass II at some point. I'm not sure about the pickups yet, the stock ones are Duncan Designed and apparently they are decent, so we'll see. I have also been looking at some Audere preamps.

I love the Jaco, but I wouldn't really want it as my only bass. Sometime in the future I hope to pick one up, plus a 5-string too. As this VM 70's Jazz will be my only bass for now, I thought it was sensible to grab a decent 4-string fretted bass first.

As for playability, check out the reviews on Musician's Friend, etc. Seems to be probably the best Squier bass ever made. I can't wait to get it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salamander In The Sun View Post
Yay!

Am I cool now?
Yeah, you were always cool!
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-05-2007, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee View Post
I'll be replacing the bridge with a Badass II at some point. I'm not sure about the pickups yet, the stock ones are Duncan Designed and apparently they are decent, so we'll see. I have also been looking at some Audere preamps.

I love the Jaco, but I wouldn't really want it as my only bass. Sometime in the future I hope to pick one up, plus a 5-string too. As this VM 70's Jazz will be my only bass for now, I thought it was sensible to grab a decent 4-string fretted bass first.

As for playability, check out the reviews on Musician's Friend, etc. Seems to be probably the best Squier bass ever made. I can't wait to get it!

Yeah, you were always cool!
Hey, thanks! I love you.

I didn't even notice that you were talking about Squier basses earlier. I just thought we were talking about SX basses, which is why I pointed out that it was a Squier.

Tags
block inlays , duncan designed , les paul , les pauls , olympic white , pickup cover

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode