Sympathy Post: AARRRGG!! My Art is stuck in UPS hell!!! - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-13-2003, 10:27 PM Thread Starter

Sympathy Post: AARRRGG!! My Art is stuck in UPS hell!!!

Waited all day, looking forward to playing my newly acquired RG-Art after work only to find it not delivered today. Shipping detail lists it being in town since Saturday, oh the humanity. This sucks. Oh well, I'll just wait another day...hell I've waited a few years in finding a good one, I guess another day won't hurt.

How's the song go..."tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you tomorrow..."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-14-2003, 12:29 AM

Could be that Columbus Day somehow delayed things? I know that my UPS guy didn't show with (2) packages that were supposed to be delivered today
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-14-2003, 12:37 AM

No UPS on Columbus Day.

Do what I'm doing and pick up the ART in person!

Hopefully Friday.

Gresh - love the quilted 7 BTW!
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-14-2003, 12:39 AM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1
UPS delivered today. You can track the packages at ups.com it will say "on truck for delivery" or something to that effect the morning it is supposed to be delivered ...glen
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-14-2003, 12:50 AM

UPS has given me nothing but grief >: |
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-14-2003, 01:00 AM Thread Starter

Yeah, I'd better keep an eye on that tomorrow because it's supposed to rain like a mother out here.

Glad to hear the 7 is to your liking Mark. The P4 just screams. I got the action down just fine. I thought the shims had to come out due to the height over the first fret, but I was wrong...the truss rod just needed some tweaking, all the shims were actually a must. Gotta say that this is a great guitar...ohhhh the sustain and I love the neck, it's like a smaller version of the neck on the 7.

I'll be interested to see how the Art compares tone-wise. I am really digging the in-between clean tone, heck I'm digging all of them. This is really a fun guitar. I wonder which one will see more action in the long run, the Art or the P4.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-14-2003, 06:17 AM

I'm selling my RG3VV and getting an RG-ART. Didn't want to sell the RG3, but sometimes ya gotta do, what ya gotta do!

I've been after one for a while - funny that we just traded one and we each are getting an ART.

I love blank (or close to it) boards and maple is killer to me! Let me know what you think of the ART when you get it and post some pics if you can.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-14-2003, 10:44 AM Thread Starter

That is a little funny, but congrats on finding one. The RG3VV is a killer guitar as well, but it would be a pretty similar animal to an Art given the pickups and woods, minus the neck of course. So I guess if you had to get rid of something might as well be something that wouldn't offer you much tonal variation. If that's the one that rich had, I almost pulled the trigger on that one a while back. Seems as though we have similar tastes in guitars.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-14-2003, 12:12 PM Thread Starter

WOOOOHOOO!!!! It's in the house, but I'm not...looks like a long lunch is on order today. My old lady brought it in and called to tell me of my new arrival.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-14-2003, 05:01 PM

Can't wait until Friday.

Basswood body on those, eh?

I thought mahogony.
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-14-2003, 10:50 PM

Yep, ART is basswood, not mahogany.

--Brent
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-14-2003, 11:25 PM Thread Starter

I tell you what, seeing this guitar in person will darn near bring tears to your eyes. It's just a striking instrument, my wife even loves it. Mark your gonna go nuts over this thing. I thought my 2027 was a pretty guitar, this thing makes it look like a troll. Fantastic neck, great tone...nice and snappy but very balanced, the pickups are a perfect match. Need to spend some quality time with it....see ya!!!
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-14-2003, 11:41 PM

I am looking forward to it!

Got the trem arm from Rich today BTW. Thanks!
Closed Thread

Tags
basswood body , clean tone , killer guitar , trem arm , truss rod

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode