Talman! - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-14-2005, 10:22 PM Thread Starter

Talman!

My beautiful girlfriend just got this early Xmas present for me. 1997 Talman with Bigsby, made of Alder, Ibanez Super 58 pickups, absolutely mint condition. Yum!!!!!!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-14-2005, 11:19 PM

Re: Talman!

That is one SWEET guitar - always liked Talmans - Ibanez at their most original!

Cheers, and Happy Christmas
David McCarroll, Sydney, Orstralya
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-14-2005, 11:55 PM

Nice! I've always liked the Talmans as well. It's nice to see one here like that too. Congrats!
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-15-2005, 06:13 AM

Very cool!
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-15-2005, 08:47 AM

Nice!!! Nice girlfriend you have .

Regards

Andrť

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-15-2005, 08:52 AM

lol Make sure you hold on to your girlfriend!

That's a nice Talman, but the tone knob placement looks kinda wierd. Maybe it would look better with chrome knobs.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-15-2005, 08:56 AM

Nice stuff mate!

Congratulations!
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-15-2005, 10:12 AM

glad to see another talman fan, too.
I had a serious talman phase when I had two and was looking for a third one.
I had a blue sparkle just like that and put a duncan custom5 in the bridge and it was awesome. I also took apart the bigsby trem bar and spring and used it as a fix bridge. Huge improvement on tone and tuning
but mine was so beat up from the beginning. so I sold it and never got a replacement.

what I have left now is a tc??? that has three lipsticks, and maple board and vintage yellow maple flame top, pearl pickguard and all chrome hardware. yes, chrome knobs. aka, just like the one in the catalogue in this site.
my dilemma is, it's the prettiest guitar in the world. it has a great narrow and rounded neck. which btw makes it great for a kid or a girl to learn on because it's so petite.
but the lipsticks just suck. IIRC, the armstrong lipsticks had ceramic magnets. and since it's in great condition and everything is original including the case. I don't want to mod it. so I am stuck with a collector's piece that looks and plays awesome but sounds bad. I entertained the idea of selling it on the bay but the average price was so low ~300. what else can I get for 300 bucks? guess I will keep it as a chick magnet
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 08:17 PM

Talmans are cool looking. Too bad they went away. I think they could still be cool if they added a few modern improvements such as a stop tailpeice or hardtail, with Gotoh tuners, maybe loose the pickguard,and of course a maple fretboard...
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-18-2006, 03:37 PM

the noodles sig looks pretty cool aswell

Tags
chrome hardware , chrome knobs , david mccarroll , gotoh tuners , maple fret , maple fretboard , pearl pickguard

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

People searched for this, also searched for these:

what talman is this

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode