Team J Craft? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

2Likes
  • 2 Post By Rich

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-24-2019, 11:31 AM Thread Starter

Team J Craft?

Hey guys someone on a fb ibanez group is stating this...

“We all know that J. Craft Team has been and is the most prestigious luthier team in Ibanez Japan throughout its history.
We have all heard about them.
We also all know that some Prestige are prepared by them, that's why J. Craft Team makes it very clear in the hardcase, in the documents and in the interior accessories.

What are your thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-24-2019, 12:20 PM
Vendor

Re: Team J Craft?

"Team J Craft" was a marketing slogan, and a good one. The "team" that builds the guitars was absolutely the same "team" that built them before the slogan, and is still the same "team" building them today, long after they've dropped the slogan.
mike570 and oliver_p like this.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-28-2019, 01:21 AM

Yeah and with massive improvements since they dropped the slogan, the T J Craft era Jem 7Vwhs had an awkward neck profile no player friendly shape to it at all. Since 2010 they have corrected that into a great playing C slim shaped maple neck.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 08:59 PM

I purchased my first JC last year and all I can say it will be my last. Compared to the quality of the prestige/premium, I don't see the JC as worth the cost difference. But then again I'm not touring and just fiddle farting around so what do I know. I only like the switching in mine but that is about it.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 01:44 AM

This is REALLY interesting for me to hear! It's very clever on Ibanez's part to market an existing team as being very exclusive etc, then they can slide in an upcharge with very little pushback.

I was in the understanding for a good while it was a different deal as well...but it's just the "pre-prestige" group. Well, int 20yrs people will be asking more for it any we will all be shouted down. That's the frustrating part.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-26-2019, 07:01 AM

Yeah and with massive improvements since they dropped the slogan, the T J Craft era Jem 7Vwhs had an awkward neck profile no player friendly shape to it at all. Since 2010 they have corrected that into a great playing C slim shaped maple neck.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode