Are there any guitar companies building Archtop 7's? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-12-2003, 06:39 PM Thread Starter

Are there any guitar companies building Archtop 7's?

I really like how archtop guitars play. Their necks just feel great to me. So I was wondering if there is anyone making 7 string archtops that are afforadable. Like, not $4000 -$5000 and preferably under $2000. This is probably a long shot but I thought I would ask. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-12-2003, 07:12 PM

Re: Are there any guitar companies building Archtop 7's?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Given to Fly
I really like how archtop guitars play. Their necks just feel great to me. So I was wondering if there is anyone making 7 string archtops that are afforadable. Like, not $4000 -$5000 and preferably under $2000. This is probably a long shot but I thought I would ask. Thanks
I believe Schecter still makes the Jazz 7.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-13-2003, 01:38 PM

Re: Are there any guitar companies building Archtop 7's?

Quote:
Originally Posted by revsharp777
Quote:
Originally Posted by Given to Fly
I believe Schecter still makes the Jazz 7.
I've owned two Jazz-7's and I recorded my first CD with one. They're pretty good guitars and for the money they're great guitars. The pickups suck and most ofthem need the frets cleaned up, but given that they only sell for about $500 used, that still leaves them as great deals.

The semi-hollow that I'm making is about $2050, and while I play jazz on it, it's not archtop. Other than the Jazz 7, you're into abour $2500 for the least expensive option. Victor Baker's guitars are in that range new and occassionally they come up on Ebay for $1800 or so. LA Guitar Factory is also around that prce and I've heard very good things about them. Here's a link to their site.

http://www.laguitarfactory.com/
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-15-2003, 03:02 PM

I know that Ibanez had the AF207 for awhile. It's still listed as a current model on their site, but no pics are up. Not a terribly expensive guitar, but the quality was decent.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode