THEY BROKE MY NECK THRU!!!!!!! - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 169 (permalink) Old 03-17-2008, 03:29 PM Thread Starter

Angry THEY BROKE MY NECK THRU!!!!!!!

So around 2 months ago I dropped off one of my carvin neck thru body guitars at an un named music store to have some dimarzio's put in it.

Earlier this morning I got a call from the manager telling me that there had been a terrible accident and that I needed to come look at my guitar that had been damaged.

When I arrived to see the "damage", what I found was my 1993 Carvin DC400C that I have owned since 1993 BROKEN INTO 2 PIECES!.

It seems that while it was on the work bench they dropped a carton of cymbol stands on it and it snapped right ahead of the 17th fret.

They offered me any guitar in the store that I wanted or they said if I would get an invoice from Carvin they will simply pay for what it would cost to rebuild an identical model.

Now while this seems like an easy "snatch the highest priced guitar in there and run" problem, It really seems like more than that to me.

If I wanted a $3200 Les Paul I'd have bought one in 1993. If I wanted an entry level PRS I'd have bought one. True the Carvin costs way less than 3200 but for some reason, This is not about the money to me at all!

What do I do?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 169 (permalink) Old 03-17-2008, 03:33 PM

Re: THEY BROKE MY NECK THRU!!!!!!!

Damn dude...

They're being pretty nice about it, though. If you really like the Carvin (and you obviously do) then let them pick up the tab for getting you a new one.

Otherwise, if you have your eyes on something else, grab that.
post #3 of 169 (permalink) Old 03-17-2008, 03:38 PM

Reviews: 1

Get the LP, sell it, buy a couple new Carvins and go to dinner with the lil lady.
You can't undo what was done, sadly, you need to figure out what will best compensate you.

Sorry to hear, I can only imagine how pissed and or heartbroken you are.
post #4 of 169 (permalink) Old 03-17-2008, 03:41 PM
Dee

Sorry to hear about it. I agree with jaxadam though, they are being pretty cool about it, and so they should. Obviously there's gonna be some sentimental value attached to the guitar but I'd take their offer of a brand new one and have them pick up the tab. The other offer of "any guitar in the shop" is quite appealing too. You could come off better in this than you started out. Good luck.

BTW, why has it been in the store for 2 months if all it needs is replacement pickups?
post #5 of 169 (permalink) Old 03-17-2008, 03:44 PM

Reviews: 18

Get the most expensive guitar they have in their store and make sure you keep your old one. Tell them it's for "sentimental reasons". Send the Carvin back to Carvin to get fixed and keep the new one as a free guitar.

Tha's what I would do anyway...

Jimmy
post #6 of 169 (permalink) Old 03-17-2008, 03:45 PM

Reviews: 2

Yeah...gotta agree with everybody else here. It sucks that your Carvin got totaled,but grab the biggest money axe they got and flip it.
post #7 of 169 (permalink) Old 03-17-2008, 03:52 PM

Sorry to hear about your guitar I know I'd be absolutely gutted.

Now I'd do what Bamm said

Quote:
Originally Posted by bammbamm View Post
Get the LP, sell it, buy a couple new Carvins and go to dinner with the lil lady.
You can't undo what was done, sadly, you need to figure out what will best compensate you.
post #8 of 169 (permalink) Old 03-17-2008, 03:59 PM

If it has some expensive guitars, get the most valuable one, and sell then use the money to fix your Carvin, with some moolah left
post #9 of 169 (permalink) Old 03-17-2008, 04:00 PM Thread Starter

I guess in some very strange way it's a financial blessing... but sure does seem weird to be a little 'excited' about it. Makes me feel like in some way the dollar amount of profit is suppossed to make it all better.

Like getting a new puppy never makes a kid forget the one that died.
post #10 of 169 (permalink) Old 03-17-2008, 04:05 PM

I don't know what I would do, but I am sorry you lost your baby.
post #11 of 169 (permalink) Old 03-17-2008, 04:09 PM

Reviews: 18

You asked for opinions and you got them. Obviously it sounds like you're still sore about the fact that your Carvin got broken, which you're absolutely entitled to but, a guitar is a guitar and unless it has some sentimental value to it, then the simplest and most logical thing would be to get the most expensive guitar the store has in their inventory and don't look back. Don't get me wrong, I do sympathize with you about your loss and hope that in the end you feel compensated for your loss.

To me, I would be pissed if something were to happen to my Chromeboy but if something happened to my American Strat, I would be devastated because it was my first guitar and one that was given to me by my parents. Although the Strat isn't as expensive as my chromeboy, it has a far greater value than the PRM.

Jimmy
post #12 of 169 (permalink) Old 03-17-2008, 04:10 PM
Banned

dude its a guitar, i know it meant alot to you, but probably the guys didnt want that to happen and tehy were scared to call you for thjose two months
id say get a new guitar, you knows whats better than a broken old carvin, a new carvin
ha!

anyways id be tottaly pissed ONLY becasue i wouldnt have a carvy to play on.....i love the carvins, but your in luck, carvins are just as great as they were in 1993, in fact id have to say the quality of the craftsmanship, and manufacturing, makes the new ones more precise, and the body finishes they use now, are tottaly high quality automotive paints and clearcoats....

and while ur at it make thim throw in a pickup set for free and tell him you want the guy to come over to your house and install them on ur comfy soft couch!!!!

crack a beer, and enjoy ur new carvin with those damn dimarzios that took out ur old one
post #13 of 169 (permalink) Old 03-17-2008, 04:42 PM

Yep, I agree with the consensus of opinion in this thread . . .

Nothing can replace the sentiment you have for that instrument, but the sooner you can stop feeling for the old one and start thinking about a new one, you'll see that it makes sense to get an expensive guitar with good resale value, sell it, and get a new Carvin.

Peace and good luck!

Last edited by Hikey Mikey; 03-17-2008 at 04:43 PM. Reason: spelling
post #14 of 169 (permalink) Old 03-17-2008, 05:06 PM

IF they will let you get anything then get what you want. However, if they talk with their attorney, they'll figure out that they really aren't liable for anything other than replacement or repair (if possible). Not only that, but they may have had you sign something saying they are not responsible for damage done to your axe while in their care (though those things usually don't work so well). If they figure this out, you'll be lucky to get anything. Best make a decision to do either and run with it ASAP.
post #15 of 169 (permalink) Old 03-17-2008, 05:33 PM

It is just a guitar and the people from the shop have been honest ofering any guitar you want from the shop.

Everobody can have an accident so forgive them and take a nice guitar. I would be honest and would take one of similar value. No more, no less. But that's just me.

It Seems that people here would take advantage of the accident. That shows the difference between (put what you want here) and gentlemen.

What do you want to be? What do you want to see every morning in the mirror?

Tags
abalone inlays , carvin guitars , charvel model , custom shop , david mccarroll , double neck , ebony fretboard , fixed bridge , floyd rose , gibson custom shop , guitar shop , ibanez guitars , les paul , locking nut , locking tuners , mahogany body , music store , neck joint , neck pocket crack , neck thru , neck thru body , parker fly , parker fly classic , playing guitar , prs guitar , prs guitars , sperzel locking , sperzel locking tuners , truss rod , tung oil , upper fret , upper frets , walnut neck

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode