THEY'RE ASKING FOR IT!!! - Please, can I rip them off, PLEAS - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-01-2001, 09:35 AM Thread Starter

THEY'RE ASKING FOR IT!!! - Please, can I rip them off, PLEAS

A local guitar shop (as some of you have already read in another post) has a black RG-7620 from the FIRST year of production. *It's been sitting up there, hardly ever even noticed, since they put it there! *They're selling it for $1021. *I'm trying my hardest not to tell them it's a discontinued model, cuz knowing these guys, they'd jack up the price. *The REALLY funny part is that they have it labeled on the price tag as a (no joke) "RG 7-421" LOL :biggrin: Which is funny cuz they have an ACTUAL 7421 sitting maybe 8 feet away going for $771! lol *I want to take em for a ride. lol *I like the store (only half decent guitar shop in the city) and the owner knows everything possible (almost) about older guitars, but doesn't know CRAP about "new" models ("They make guitars with 7 strings now?"). *He's even got this really nice chrome Strat in his office, but doesn't know crap about Ibanez! *And only one of the biggest Ibanez trends EVER!!! lol *They even have an "Ibanez Authorized Dealer" sticker in the window. *I'm gonna see if they'll give me the sticker if I can show them up on this one! :biggrin: lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-01-2001, 10:32 AM

THEY'RE ASKING FOR IT!!!

1021 is too high, I see 7620's everywhere for 700 now. *Maybe not the first year, but close enough. *
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-01-2001, 11:56 AM

THEY'RE ASKING FOR IT!!!

He's in canada
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-02-2001, 12:42 AM

THEY'RE ASKING FOR IT!!!

doh!! *I'm the dumb one
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-02-2001, 12:25 PM Thread Starter

THEY'RE ASKING FOR IT!!!

lol, yeah, I've been told by a few people it's an awesome deal. *I just want to know how they confused a 7620 with a 7421 when they have them sitting within view of each other!!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-02-2001, 01:25 PM

THEY'RE ASKING FOR IT!!!

Here's my opinion on it man, you've got 2 choices, first, you tell them up front that they've got the model wrong on the 7620 and take whatever happens price wise, but, $1021 Canadian is pretty average on that guitar. *At Axe music in Calgary, they are regularly $949.99 so that is something of more value to take to a music store owner than hey man, that's the wrong model ###.
Your second choice is, if that is a very good price for that guitar in that store (I know things usually are more expensive down east than out here) then buy it and don't say anything to the store. *If they figure it out, fine, but if you buy it and then rub it in their faces that they screwed up, you probably won't ever get another deal out of the place never mind if you ever try to get a service or anything done there.
Sometimes, as I heard once, it's better to take the money and run, so to speak, not stand around and ask questions.
I really hope you get this guitar, it's obvious you want one bad enough. *Good luck on getting it man!
Jeremy
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-02-2001, 07:03 PM

THEY'RE ASKING FOR IT!!!

It sounds to me like they priced it as a 7620 but put a label 7421 on it. So you can correct them on the label, or you can say, hey, isn't 1000 a little much for a 7421??

Depending on what your conscience allows you to do As a backup I would bring a price quote for somewhere else on a 7620 so he doesn't jack up the price (which he shouldn't)

Tags
guitar shop , local guitar shop , music store

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode