Thinking about selling some of my RG's... - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-03-2007, 09:52 PM Thread Starter

Thinking about selling some of my RG's...

I've been contemplating this idea for a while, but anyways...

I have five guitars right now: PRS Santana SE, Fender American Deluxe Strat, RG550LB, RG550BK, and an RG770.

The PRS I'm never selling because it was my first guitar. Same with the Strat, as it was a special gift from my dad. I'm NEVER selling those.

However, the RG550BK was picked up at a pawn shop, and the RG770 was obtained on e-bay. The RG550LB was obtained here, and it was my first Ibanez, so I'll probably end up keeping it (it plays very well too).

Anyways, I just don't think I'm really feeling it with the RG550BK or the RG770. The RG550BK is never played, and the 770 was recently PLEK'ed and setup by Joe Glaser (very good luthier in Nashville). Regardless, I still just don't really connect with either of the two like I do my Strat, PRS, or RG550LB. Granted, the 770FM is beautiful, but I just don't know if it's right for me. I also hate having five guitars. For me, it's a distraction having more than three guitars.

What are your thoughts? Should I consider selling them, or would it be a decision I would regret?

Last edited by waylay00; 08-03-2007 at 11:07 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-03-2007, 10:04 PM

Reviews: 25
Re: Thinking about selling some of my RG's...

In my opinion if you are not emotionally attatched to these guitars, then sell them. See I would never sell my RG550 because it was signed by steve vai and when I met him he had a little play on it, so I would never sell it. But if they are 2 guitars you never play, I would sell them and put the money towards something that will make you happy. Fact is the 770 and 550 will never be worth millions, so I wouldn't worry about that sort of thing.

if you need the cash, sell them, if not then don't, or sell em and buy somehting else.

why not post some pictures and see what response you get from them...
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-03-2007, 10:36 PM
Dee

Sell 'em, Wade. Pass them onto someone who will appreciate them. That's only fair. You might get a good enough price to buy yourself something great that you'll use and enjoy. How selling some more and buying a Vigier Shawn Lane model or something?

I like the look of your 770, btw.
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-03-2007, 10:44 PM Thread Starter

Yeah, those are my thoughts. I love the look of my 770 as well. It's a shame, as I just don't really like playing it for some reason.

But yeah, I'm wanting to sell some of these so I can put some cash towards an extremely nice guitar that I can cherish forever. I'm really liking the looks of this Suhr. It's like the best of Shawn's Vigier, Guthrie Govan's Suhr, Jerry Cantrell's G&L, an old Tele, and Vai's old Bad Horsie.....almost

http://www.mattsmusic.com/Merchant2/...uttergroup.jpg
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-03-2007, 10:57 PM

Reviews: 1

post a pic of the RG550BK...pls...
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-03-2007, 11:04 PM Thread Starter

post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-03-2007, 11:10 PM

sell em dude. no need to keep stuff not played. plus, i'm sure someone would love picking up your stuff used. get a nice guitar that you'll absolutely love. i would get a PRS cutsom 23 but that's me
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-03-2007, 11:11 PM Thread Starter

I'm not a big PRS fan, past their SE line (killer guitars for the money!). It'd definitely be a Suhr, Vigier, or Tom Andserson for me

I'm going to have to work some at the local music shop this Christmas and next summer to get enough money for it though. It'd be worth the wait I'd imagine.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-04-2007, 09:46 PM

Reviews: 3

any pics of the 770?
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-04-2007, 10:44 PM

Hey, I might be interested in one.
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-04-2007, 11:32 PM Thread Starter

Guys don't get so excited yet, . If I do plan to sell them, they won't be for sale for a while, so it'd be pretty pointless posting pics.

Katana: I'll let you know if I end up deciding to sell them.
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-05-2007, 12:33 AM

why not keep the 550 and block the trem(which would increase sustain) that way you have a 'hard tail' and you dont have to hastle with the trem. unlock the locking nut and you can change tunings a lot faster.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-05-2007, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee View Post
Sell 'em, Wade. Pass them onto someone who will appreciate them. That's only fair.
Who says he has to be fair?

If you can afford to keep 'em, why not. I think if you really want to sell them you wouldn't have to ask opinions here!
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-06-2007, 11:12 PM Thread Starter

I'm now starting to think that I should sell the both of them, and with the combined money, buy another single, higher end Ibanez (maybe another 770) and see if I like it. If not, then I could just sell it and repeat the process.

Tags
deluxe strat , guthrie govan , jerry cantrell , killer guitar , local music shop , locking nut , shawn lane , steve vai

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode