Those Music-Yo Kramers - hmmmmmmm. - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-19-2001, 07:46 PM Thread Starter

Those Music-Yo Kramers - hmmmmmmm.

After visiting the Music-Yo website. I'm considering one of those new Gibso-Kramers. *Have any of you seen these things? I mean come on! A neck-thru for under $400, Seymour Duncan PU's, Gotoh tuners. The Original "German made" Floyd Rose. Hell , there's $400 in hardware alone on this thing! Even the the non-neck thru models, *have a high quality Floyd unit on them. Go to the site and see for yourself. Just curious if any of you have played one of these things, if so, are they worth it or are they total junk? Anybody know?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-19-2001, 09:38 PM

Those Music-Yo Kramers

I use to own one of the metallic blue h-s-h strikers, the neck was nice and comfy and the floyd was pretty good the only two things I did not like about the guitar were the reverse headstock and the rail pickups(they were a little too bright). I sold it because at the time I needed some effects pedals more than an extra guitar.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-20-2001, 12:32 AM

Those Music-Yo Kramers

One thing that i hate about this kramers is quality electronics, they have weak switches dirty pots and the d-tuna on everyone of this models doesnt' work. I think they are a waste of money. The pickups are horrible to. You will be spending tons of money fixing these up.
This is a prime example of cheapy korean made guitars
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-20-2001, 11:42 AM

Those Music-Yo Kramers

I never had any problems with the electronics. I took the d-tuna off as soon as I got the guitar so I can't coment on that but the electronics were fine.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-27-2001, 03:42 PM

Those Music-Yo Kramers

I took a gamble and purchased a Striker model for a modest $225.00 and to be honest, it didn't even feel like a $100.00 guitar. It just didn't get a nice/decent feel from it at all, the Floyd Rose was really stiff and the neck was of the worst quality wood I have ever played.

Not all Korean made guitars are crappy, but this one was.

I was able to flip it on EBAY and only took a $30 loss.

You get what you pay for. Live and learn.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-28-2001, 06:18 AM

Those Music-Yo Kramers

I actually love the neck on my striker (it's a 7-string striker though), so I guess it's a matter of taste. *Perhaps I'm not very discriminating about guitars, after all, my main one's a Jackson and not an Ibanez

*prepares for the flaming*
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-28-2001, 09:12 PM

Those Music-Yo Kramers

No flames here....I could've just received a dud.

Jackson's are awesome guitars! Enjoy.

Tags
floyd rose , gotoh tuners , neck thru , reverse headstock , seymour duncan

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode