Those ole Kramers - aahhhh, the good ole days - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-18-2001, 09:39 PM Thread Starter

Those ole Kramers - aahhhh, the good ole days

Remember the Kramers of years past. Does anyone here miss them like I do? Remember the Nightswan. The Baretta, or maybe the Stagemaster. Never see anyone posting anything in this section of the forum about Kramers. Are there any closet Kramer fans out there or am I the last of the breed?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-19-2001, 02:03 PM

Those ole Kramers

I remember when the Vivan Campbell model came out (Night Swan?). *I loved it, but could not imagine going back to it after having a Jem and UV. *
Out,
GP
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-19-2001, 06:33 PM

Those ole Kramers

I love the old Kramers. The Nightswan was by far my favorite. Recently, I purchased a mint 85(?) Baretta with the candy apple metallic finish (banana headstock).
It has been hard to find the American made models in mint condition. I had two Nightswans (lighting and aztec) but sold them a few years ago. Wish I had them now.

Good Luck !
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-21-2001, 01:34 PM

Those ole Kramers

Kramer? I had a red Korean-made Striker 100ST and it sucked hard.

On the other hand, I would *die* for an American-made Stagemaster Archtop in blue!!!
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-22-2001, 08:41 AM

Those ole Kramers

My 2nd guitar (after my first ply-wood model...) was a Kramer Aerostar. *One humbucker, slanted. *Fender style trem. *Wouldn't stay in tune for a minute, but it looked just like the one on my gigantic Theater of Pain poster... *Too bad I didn't know that his was an American made Baretta.

Has anyone ever seen one of the tele/strat/les-paul combo type guitars like Mick Mars used for the Girls, Girls, Girls tour?

I don't know if these were ever marketed, but I would love to find one if so. *Same with the mirror-telecaster he used on the Dr. Feelgood tour...
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-22-2001, 01:31 PM

Those ole Kramers

I have been searching for one of the tele-kramers (ala Mick Mars). That is the only tele that I would ever want (two hums, banana headstock and a floyd). I have seen one with the "Theater of Pain" finish at a Hard Rock but that is the only one I have seen in person.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-23-2001, 01:01 PM

Those ole Kramers

My last electric was an American Kramer with that sustainer pickup. It was a really good guitar and I kind of miss it. The neck pickup sounded really nice and warm. The bridge pickup was kind of off axis with the strings but decent sounding anyway. Kramers ocasionally pop up in Sweden and when they do, they are dirt cheap because you can´t sell a guitar with a headstock like that anymore. Sad on these fine guitars.

Mikael
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-24-2001, 01:11 AM

Those ole Kramers

A bud of mine bought a american berretta and kept it in perfect shape. *He was killed in a car wreck in 91' and I stay in touch with his mom. *Every so often I go visit her and she always asks me to check on his guitars. *He's got a Paul copy (vantage ?) and a gibson "v" *modified to match the randy Rhodes polka dotted one also. *The Baretta is in New condition... red, black hardware, and a single angled pickup. (it doesn't have the bananna head stock, its more like a Jackson headstock) *It kills. *I'd love to take this thing home and clean it up (man, 10 year old strings suck). *It plays awesome, but she'll never let it go. *She knows it was his pride and joy.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-15-2001, 08:26 AM Thread Starter

Those ole Kramers

According to the Kramermaniaxe web page or Kramer Korner, its one of the two, The newly Gibson owned Kramer company is supposed to start re-making American made high quality re-issues of the Nightswan and Baretta. They are supposed to have quality Floyd units, Duncan pu's, highquality finishes and of course made in the good ole USA. *Of course I've tried to get a hold of the Company to no avail to confirm this. Seems like no one wants to answer any questions or knows who to ask. Hmmmmm. Now where have I experienced this before? *Anyway seems to be some confusion over American made Kramers. One of the two sites also state that later 80's "American" Kramers were not made in USA, but that "Kramer American" was only a series name and *that they were made by none other than ESP, were shipped and only "assembeled" in USA. Even Ed Roman states this. Kind of interesting huh? *Well it will be interesting to see if Gibson actually does this. I know I'll be waiting in line for a Nightswan.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-15-2001, 12:08 PM

Those ole Kramers

The new Kramer guitars are available through MusicYo.com.

They have a "US Collection" which feature Original Floyd Rose tremolos and real Seymour Duncan Jazz and *JB pickups. No word on where the guitars themselves are made, though... i'd guess they're still Korean-built, with the hardware and electronics installed in the U.S.
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-15-2001, 12:45 PM

Those ole Kramers

Am I the only one that would cut of certain toes for a white 12-string Ferrington?

I had a black one for a good long while. *I LOVED it.
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-16-2001, 10:12 PM

Those ole Kramers

There's an ad for the new Kramer on pg. 130 of the June issue of GP. Looks more like an Ibanez than a Kramer. *All the old Kramers had rounded cutaways, this thing is "flat-top" like a Jem/RG.

Screamin'
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-17-2001, 12:31 AM

Those ole Kramers

Yeah... the new Kramers really are not faithful to the originals. Neck-through "Berettas"? What's that all about?

They're very generic-looking, and don't have the same offset waist cut and details that the originals do.

Supposedly, they're going to be bringing out a more authentic re-issue of the Beretta with the correct body style, single tilted bridge pickup, original Floyd Rose and a non-tilted "banana" headstock.
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-18-2001, 02:39 AM

Those ole Kramers

An luthier friend of mine is selling one Baretta aged/cream with OHSC here in Brazil for about U$ 360
The guitar has an good made modified trem cavity cut, to raiser the notes with whammy. The original trem cavity are like that old roadstar series, can only lower the notes.

Tags
bridge pickup , floyd rose , floyd rose trem , floyd rose tremolo , kramer guitars , neck pickup , roadstar series , seymour duncan , seymour duncan jazz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode